Gladiator up for pre-order-Amazon.com - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-03-2009, 12:46 PM

Gladiator up for pre-order-Amazon.com

Gladiator up for pre-order: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NU2CY4?tag=bluray-069-20

Enjoy!

Digital Babe
Old 06-03-2009, 02:53 PM

It's not up for preorder. It's accepting signups to let people know when it IS available for preorder.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:21 PM

Supposedly there was a pre-order up earlier today...
Old 06-03-2009, 11:30 PM

Gladiator should have been released on blu-ray long ago. It's one of those epics that will look awesome in hi-def.

Personally I just don't understand why the studios wait so long to release films that would do the blu-ray format justice.

Bring on the epics, spectacles and awesome films of the present and the past.. PLEASE.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Gladiator should have been released on blu-ray long ago. It's one of those epics that will look awesome in hi-def.

Personally I just don't understand why the studios wait so long to release films that would do the blu-ray format justice.

Bring on the epics, spectacles and awesome films of the present and the past.. PLEASE.
Seeing as Gladiator is my favorite film ever, I'm glad the studio is taking it's time as this film truly deserves everything the format can give. If this had been released a couple years ago, we would prob be looking at a shitty BD25 Mpeg2 transfer and we'd all be complaining about it. This film needs to look amazing on hidef.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
It's not up for preorder. It's accepting signups to let people know when it IS available for preorder.
Darn it! I got all excited and then no preorder. My Gladiator DVD has a scratch on it and only plays in some DVD players (it won't play in my Sony 5 disc changer DVD player, yet plays just fine on my PS3) . Been wanting to replace it for a while so I'm jumping at the chance to upgrade.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Gladiator Personally I just don't understand why the studios wait so long to release films that would do the blu-ray format justice.

Please understand that the studios are waaaaay too busy polishing up greater 'spectacles' like Navy Seals and Paycheck to have to worry about smaller tripe like 'Gladiator'.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:

Ive been singing that tune for years now... there is just so much CRAP that gets released and so many gems just sitting there. And, there ARE some great titles out there so you cant even say they are just waiting to release all the good titles since many of them have been released!

Who knows...
Old 06-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

So you will buy the crap they put out as you wait for their more important titles, simple as that.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
So you will buy the crap they put out as you wait for their more important titles, simple as that.
I dont buy no crap, at least not to me. I only own about 50 movies total and that includes about 15 HD DVDs.

Im a renter since most films are watch-once-and-discard.