CSI - Season 1 - Glitch(es)? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-03-2009, 12:01 AM

Default CSI - Season 1 - Glitch(es)?

I'm going through my CSI - Season 1 blu-ray set, and I've run into a few strange glitches. Nothing that's a huge deal, but I'd feel better if I could check with other owners of the set and see if they're experiencing it too (i.e., see if it's a general issue with the release, or if I should exchange my copy). For reference, I'm using a PS3 to play these.

The first glitch I noticed was some very large macroblocking for about a second in the director's cut of the Pilot episode. When the male & female CSI agents first go to the home invasion scene, a huge number of giant macroblocks appear around the woman CSI agent's head when she asks if the wife is alright.

The second glitch I just noticed tonight was on the first episode of the 2nd disc - at exactly 00:01:11 into the episode. Grisham is commenting about the track marks in the desert, when huge macroblocks appear again - this time, it actually looks like the playback pauses for a millisecond then jumps ahead a little.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Sounds more like a player issue than anything. Sure, the discs could be bad, made at a dirty facility, but likelihood of more than one disc being bad, slim chance.