Brad Silberling Talks 'Land of the Lost' Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-02-2009, 12:57 PM

Default Brad Silberling Talks 'Land of the Lost' Blu-ray

From BD.com:

Quote:
Land of the Lost', the movie adaptation of the 1970s children TV series, hasn't opened theatrically yet and its director is already looking at the Blu-ray release. Brad Silberling said in an interview that the Blu-ray will include 35 minutes of deleted scenes, and that a later release could even include an extended cut with 'raunchier' material.

However, this extended cut would be PG-13 as well, because it was the first cut they submitted to the MPAA and managed to get that rating seemingly, to the filmmakers' surprise. There will also be what Silberling calls "food diaries", which he recorded with Will Ferrell.

The bonus materials are being done by the prestigious David Prior, who most recently produced the documentary on 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'.

I find the bolded particularly interesting..... 'a later release'? So a double-dip is already in the works?
Old 06-02-2009, 01:24 PM

too bad it's not the original series.
I have 0 faith in this turkey.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

*Yawn*, I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:27 PM

I have ZERO interest in this.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:25 PM

Brad Silberling directed this?

Pass.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I have ZERO interest in this.
I know...what a waste of time, effort, oxygen, and a blu-ray disc. The show was hopelessly hokey but it was fun for a 7 year old kid after school and thats exactly when I watched it. Making a movie out of it is completely silly.

And can Wil Farrell please DIE already.... having him in it just ices the SUCK-cake that this movie will be.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:35 PM

The movie looks horrible to me based on the trailers. Making a double-dip on this is like making Gigli:Special Edition or House of the Dead Director's Cut