'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-01-2009, 12:47 PM

Default 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan' - High-Def Digest Review

In order to do them all justice, High-Def Digest is reviewing each film in the 'Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection' individually. We'll get into the nitty gritty of each movie as we cover each title, but overall, the complete set is an easy recommendation.

Josh is still pluggin' along. He's just turned in his review for 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan' and says the second installment of the film series is a fan favorite for good reason. This Blu-ray has very strong video and audio. Once again, extras galore. Insert "Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" joke here.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2460/startrek2_wok.html
Old 06-01-2009, 12:56 PM

this could also be called, star trek 2: khan's rippling pecks

Montalban was ripped for an old dude
Old 06-01-2009, 01:01 PM

Khan gives me peck envy

Man reading these reviews really makes me ironically wish trek was still in the domain of uber-nerdom... then I could get my friggen movies lol... But I guess it's great that it's so popular in the mainstream now that amazon has been forced to delay shipping by 1 to 2 weeks. It just sucks majorly for me
Old 06-01-2009, 01:17 PM

Another solid review by Josh. I thought this movie was solid on Blu-Ray considering it's age. As Josh highlighted, I loved how Meyer took in the elements of the Navy and created the various battles in space. I think he pulled it off. If you watch the movie, please set aside the time to watch the extra features and commentary as it is pretty interesting and enlightening.

This is my favorite movie in the series and I thought the Blu-Ray looked solid. The overall package (when you include the audio and extras) was well worth the price paid, and I will be enjoying this movie on Blu-Ray for years to come.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:30 PM

If anything, he doesn't praise it enough. To me, this is one of the best movies ever made, and easily a 5 star. The video and audio are also amazingly improved over the DVD. An absolute must-have.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:32 PM

This would be an example of a no-brainer purchase. Too bad you can't buy it as a standalone(unless you import from UK).

BTW, nice job getting TMP and Khan reviews out today. Hope we get a couple more before day's end(fingers crossed).

Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 06-01-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:23 PM

FYI, according to the Pixar Story film... the Genesis CGI sequence was an early Pixar project. Backed up by the Pixar wiki.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw View Post
BTW, nice job getting TMP and Khan reviews out today. Hope we get a couple more before day's end(fingers crossed).
Sorry, I'm still working on the rest. I expect to have the Search for Spock review done tonight (it's at Mike's discretion when to post them). The rest will probably take a few days. I still have some bonus features on the last two movies to watch, as well as the Captain's Summit disc.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comixguru View Post
FYI, according to the Pixar Story film... the Genesis CGI sequence was an early Pixar project. Backed up by the Pixar wiki.
Pixar was part of ILM at the time, IIRC.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:31 PM

My favorite film of all the trek films. Montalban was great in this flick...I always thought his performance was the main draw to this flick,imho.