Hannah Montana: The Movie Coming To Blu-ray On August 18th - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-31-2009, 02:14 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Default Hannah Montana: The Movie Coming To Blu-ray On August 18th

For those of you that care. Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Copy= 44.99
Old 05-31-2009, 02:18 AM

Ooh ooh, I care. Wow and a bargain at $45.99!
Old 05-31-2009, 02:44 AM

I want this sooooooooooo bad
Old 05-31-2009, 07:37 PM

saw this with my niece,
and I'm certain she will hound me endlessly to buy it for her.
it was ok for what it was, but actually could have been much better had they added a little more substance.
(a la an older Disney live action classic like "Parent Trap")
unlike everybody else on here I actually like Miley C. when she performs live.
For 16 she is an amazing performer.
and all of her songs are actually passable pop fluff, and imo as good as anything the wretched Lady Gag-me or that "i kissed a girl" British bimbo comes up with.
this movie is actually serious, as opposed to the supremely over the top tv show.
I can see the show's appeal for young girls, but it's got some of the most horrible acting you'll ever see in your life because of the way they direct it.
even though my niece constantly asks me to watch it with her, I honestly can't stand how awful it is.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
saw this with my niece,
and I'm certain she will hound me endlessly to buy it for her.
it was ok for what it was, but actually could have been much better had they added a little more substance.
(a la an older Disney live action classic like "Parent Trap")
unlike everybody else on here I actually like Miley C. when she performs live.
For 16 she is an amazing performer.
and all of her songs are actually passable pop fluff, and imo as good as anything the wretched Lady Gag-me or that "i kissed a girl" British bimbo comes up with.
this movie is actually serious, as opposed to the supremely over the top tv show.
I can see the show's appeal for young girls, but it's got some of the most horrible acting you'll ever see in your life because of the way they direct it.
even though my niece constantly asks me to watch it with her, I honestly can't stand how awful it is.
Wow. Katy Perry is not British, you must be confusing her with Lily Allen?

I think Miley Cyrus is a terrible performer, her voice is not great at all. Yeah it sounds great on CD, but so does everyone.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post

I think Miley Cyrus is a terrible performer, her voice is not great at all. Yeah it sounds great on CD, but so does everyone.
I really hate Miley after the fact my store decides its a great idea to play her song every 85 minutes. Yep - its about 20-25 songs that play over and over and over.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:39 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post

yeah I meant Katy.
Miley is a great performer for being as young as she is.
my niece has forced me to watch more videos of her performing live than I would ever want to admit.
she pulled off that entire best of both worlds's tour at only 14 and 15.
I mean no matter how much people may think she sucks, the fact that she had absolutely no performing experience before she moved to LA and was able to put on those shows is very impressive to me.
I mean her career is barely even started, and all people want to do is bag on her.
the fact that she's from the south is the main reason I have to stand up for her.
It really bothers me when people call her a stupid redneck.
btw: the people that hate her voice hate it because it sounds country.
she's ONLY 16 for god sake's.
she could end up like Lucinda Williams or any number of country artists.
I hate to break it to you, but she will have a much longer and better career than Lada Gag-me, Lily allen, and Katy perry put together.
wait and see.

Last edited by Arkadin; 05-31-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:53 PM

Day 1 purchase for me.

But seriously. I'm buying it on the first day
Old 06-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

[QUOTE=Arkadin;1557918]
Quote:

yeah I meant Katy.
Miley is a great performer for being as young as she is.
my niece has forced me to watch more videos of her performing live than I would ever want to admit.
she pulled off that entire best of both worlds's tour at only 14 and 15.
I mean no matter how much people may think she sucks, the fact that she had absolutely no performing experience before she moved to LA and was able to put on those shows is very impressive to me.
I mean her career is barely even started, and all people want to do is bag on her.
the fact that she's from the south is the main reason I have to stand up for her.
It really bothers me when people call her a stupid redneck.
btw: the people that hate her voice hate it because it sounds country.
she's ONLY 16 for god sake's.
she could end up like Lucinda Williams or any number of country artists.
I hate to break it to you, but she will have a much longer and better career than Lada Gag-me, Lily allen, and Katy perry put together.
wait and see.
Lady Gaga is here to stay imo. Lily Allen and Katy Perry will go with time, but the amount of success that Lady Gaga has will keep her in media and public attention as long as she stays in shape. Her lyrics, her vocals, her fashion, it's all very edgy but still appeals to mainstream. Madonna is an example of this, only less talented.

No, it's not because she's Country. It's because her voice really isn't that amazing, she is far from average, but It's nothing amazing. I love how you use the word 'forced' btw. Don't you just love when people make excuses to see what they want to see.

I don't see Miley going away anytime either, she's the next Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Kim Kardashian. Tapes and reality shows, I mean she already has the picture taking habit. I have nothing against her, but I really think don't think she's amazing vocally.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Former Member

I agree with Loys, Miley is, what, 2 years away from being 18? from that point on, it's a countdown until a tape is released. I'd say more, but it's poor taste and creepy, considering she is still a child. A child who likes to take photos. It's inevitable.

As for Gaga, Loys, you gotta be kidding me. Look how fast Tatu entered and left the collective conscience. This is just another one of those. In under a year she's become known, and is already saying she's bi. She's taking the fast approach, get her name out there as much as possible now, because it won't be long until she's gone.

My favorite stab at GaGa came from a site I can't link to due to forum rules (NSFW content), that says she looks like a tranny (she does!). the headline was just too perfect: LADY GAGA HAS (signed) A PENIS. that's what she gets for publicly admitting to have signed someone's dong. the attention whoring is strong in this one.