Austin Powers - The Spy Who Shagged Me Audio Problem - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-24-2009, 09:54 PM

Default Austin Powers - The Spy Who Shagged Me Audio Problem

I am having a problem with Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me's True HD track. I have an Insignia Blu-Ray Player (the NS-2BRDVD model set to Bitstream HD) and an Onkyo 605. When I select the True HD audio track my Onkyo 605 blinks True HD and it keeps blinking without ever playing any audio. I did not have this problem with Austin Powers 1 or 3 and it is only with part 2. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
Old 05-25-2009, 11:28 AM

Sounds like a bad disc. I didn't have any issues, nor have I read about any anywhere online.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:35 PM

Mine works fine!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:51 PM

Well I contacted the site I purchased it from and they will send a replacement disc out so hopefully I just got a bum disc and it's nothing else. Thanks for your replies.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:15 PM

I'm updating this as the problem still exists with the replacement disc AND a different Blu-Ray player (now the Samsung 1600). My Onkyo 605 still flashes True HD on this disc only. All 4 other audio tracks work. Also Goldmember and Austin Powers 1 True HD audio tracks work. (just a quick note in order to use the TrueHD track you need to manually select it which is odd since its not the default audio track) Anyone have any ideas to a potential fix?

Edit: contacted Onkyo and was informed that I already have the latest firmware on my surround receiver. Also have the latest firmware on the Samsung player. Seems odd that I'd get two defective discs while no one else is having any problems.

Update 2: Just tried some more discs encoded with True HD audio tracks (Walk Hard, There Will Be Blood) and all worked with no problems whatsoever. Seems just that one disc in the series and according to WHV I am the first caller on the issue... lucky me

Update 3: I purchased my copy from iNet video which is apparently Alliance and not Warner...

Last edited by duckydan; 06-02-2009 at 09:33 AM.