Horrible experience with Tower.com [Caution] - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-23-2009, 02:45 AM

Default Horrible experience with Tower.com [Caution]

I purchased two blu-rays from Tower.com on April 1st which they reportedly shipped on April 9th. Since they shipped it with free shipping so it was not insured or registered. Around April 17th USPS misrouted the mail and I called tower customer service which is in my experience one of the most horrible service I ever encountered. After repeated calling they said that they cannot help me and I have to raise claim from USPS. The only problem is you cannot claim money from USPS if it is not insured or registered.

This is just a word of caution for all you guys who buy a lot of movies from Tower that just in case if your order end up like mine you should be ready to forget that you'll get any refund. If you still buy from Tower try to split your order in multiple orders to minimize risk or use registered mail or something. I am not sure whether I should blame Tower or USPS but overall the experience was horrible. I didn't get my item (and will not get any refund as well) after waiting for 50 days and important lesson I learned is to buy only from Amazon. even if it is a buck or two higher I'm absolutely sure I'll get my item or my money back.