Underworld: Rise of the Lycans won't play. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-22-2009, 11:56 PM

Default Underworld: Rise of the Lycans won't play.

Anyone else having an issue with Rise of the Lycans playing? It loads and loads and loads, then some symbol pops up in the middle of the screen and it loads some more.

Then I hear the Sony/Columbia music playing with no video and then the player just sits there and does nothing else. I can't get anything to show up.

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:18 AM

Could you provide us with some more information ? Like what player you are using and if it has the most current firmware update ? A firmware update almost always will solve these problems.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:36 AM

Sony BDP S-300

I could not find any other information as far as firmware, etc. in any of the System Menus.

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:39 AM

OK. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction with regards to needing a firmware update.
I did some searching in the forums and I finally found a link to this website:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/sel...NAVDISP=homeav

Luckily my computer, which is a mac, has bootcamp so I booted in XP, downloaded the .exe, extracted the winrar file, inserted a blank CD, dragged and dropped the (4) files on the CD icon which allowed me to burn the files to the CD.

Then I inserted the CD into the player which went through a rather lengthly download and writing process but in the end the player is updated with latest firmware version and Underworld: Rise of the Lycans now plays.

This was my first firmware update for my player but I did stumble my way through it. Thanks again.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:30 AM

I am very pleased I was able to help you.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:51 AM

Default Same problem, but firmware updates won't fix it

I have the same exact symptoms on my machine. It loads forever but will not play. I see the icon, it loads to full, I got 3 seconds of play before it went back to black. My machine insists it has the latest firmware so I am not sure what is going on. I have tried 3 different disks as well, and this is the only movie my player refuses to play. Any ideas?

Player: Samsung BD-P1500
Firmware Edition: 081218.01_XAA
Old 06-11-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnyvek View Post
I have the same exact symptoms on my machine. It loads forever but will not play. I see the icon, it loads to full, I got 3 seconds of play before it went back to black. My machine insists it has the latest firmware so I am not sure what is going on. I have tried 3 different disks as well, and this is the only movie my player refuses to play. Any ideas?

Player: Samsung BD-P1500
Firmware Edition: 081218.01_XAA
Its not your machine the Samsung BD-P1400 and BD-P1500 will not play this movie. There is more information on this in the hardware forum. Anyway, Samsung is already aware of the issue, but as of now no information on when to expect a firmware update.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:36 AM

Wow, it's twitchy on the 2500 but it plays thankfully. Hopefully Sammy will have a new round of FW/UPs soon.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:57 PM

I haven't tried my copy yet. Hopefully it plays fine on my Panny BD50
Old 06-11-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarlock View Post
OK. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction with regards to needing a firmware update.
I did some searching in the forums and I finally found a link to this website:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/sel...NAVDISP=homeav

Luckily my computer, which is a mac, has bootcamp so I booted in XP, downloaded the .exe, extracted the winrar file, inserted a blank CD, dragged and dropped the (4) files on the CD icon which allowed me to burn the files to the CD.

Then I inserted the CD into the player which went through a rather lengthly download and writing process but in the end the player is updated with latest firmware version and Underworld: Rise of the Lycans now plays.

This was my first firmware update for my player but I did stumble my way through it. Thanks again.
Man am I thankful for the ease of the PS3 updates

Twitter: @AaronPeck