'Underworld Trilogy' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-19-2009, 10:28 PM

Default 'Underworld Trilogy' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate Boss has delved into the realm of the 'Underworld Trilogy.' He thinks the first and third entries are the best. These Blu-rays match the previous releases, with solid video, exceptional audio, and a ton of supplements. If you haven't bought them all individually, this set is recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2213...uray3pack.html
Old 05-20-2009, 12:40 AM

I really enjoyed the first two movies. I haven't seen Rise of the Lycans, but if it's even a little better than Evolution, I almost will certainly buy this trio set. I do wish there were more HD supplements but looks like the video and audio look and sound great so this could easily be a thumbs up purchase! Thanks for your format review on all three, nicely done!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
I really enjoyed the first two movies. I haven't seen Rise of the Lycans, but if it's even a little better than Evolution, I almost will certainly buy this trio set. I do wish there were more HD supplements but looks like the video and audio look and sound great so this could easily be a thumbs up purchase! Thanks for your format review on all three, nicely done!
If you like the first two you will like the third.

Good review. But while I do think Evolution is the weakest of the bunch, I don't find it as bad as the reviewer did.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:31 AM

I'll be keeping my awesome Import HD DVD's of the first two films and my blu-ray version of Rise of the Lycans. Nothing to see here...
Old 05-20-2009, 09:55 AM

Not enough bass/LFE in the copter crash in Evolution??? I just watched all 3 of these last weekend and the copter crash was probably the biggest LFE part in the whole film in my HT......it was absolutely devestating! The LFE/bass was certainly NOT underwhelming in the least and infact just the opposite with my dual PB13 and 12/2 setup. I was constantly blown away by the LFE in this film literaly. I was watching at -1 from reference and it was crazy powerful.....Dont mean to get so excited, but I was shocked when I read that part of the review considering what I experienced. What is your review system/room like Nate if you dont mind me asking?

The dialog in part 3 was also a bit weak compared to the other 2 as it was mixed at a lower volume and did not penetrate the room to the same degree. Other than these 2 things, I agree with this audio review.

Last edited by ToddS; 05-20-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:56 AM

I can agree that this is a very enjoyable series, I bought each movie individually and my collection is now complete. I'd say 3 is the weakest of them, but they're all worth owning. Agreed with the reviewer, if you don't own any of the movies then just buy the set.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:05 PM

I'll be blind buying the 3rd on it's own as i bought the first 2 individually also. Didn't like the second, but enjoyed the first a lot (saw it in the cinema when it was out too)
Old 03-18-2010, 02:57 PM

Default Review error

The review has a some errors at "subtitles" box:

"Underworld" has no portuguese subtitle
"Underworld: Evolution" has portuguese subtitle
"Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" has portuguese subtitle