Old 05-14-2009, 03:27 PM

Default 'Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure' in October

More Tinker Bell is on the way!

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2416...ttreasure.html
Old 05-14-2009, 05:02 PM

I own the 1st movie and I really like it, so it's a buy for me

Plus the PQ should be awesome!
Old 05-15-2009, 09:34 AM

I will rent this again if the reviews are positive.

My daughter is getting to be the age where she could really get into this. Though I did think the first was decent, it was not an "owner" IMHO.

Last edited by D_Strasse; 06-10-2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Fixed terrible grammar.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:21 AM

Own the first one and am sure I will buy the second one.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:45 AM

Doesn't the first one have a lossless pcm soundtrack? The second gets a DD 5.1?
Old 06-10-2009, 04:08 PM

The second movie was advertised on the original Tinker Bell Blu-ray. It had to be in production at the same time, since the release dates were just one year apart. I suspect there's even a 3rd in the offing.

Honestly, this is Disney at their absolute worse. Back story for a character they did not create just bites. And this is definitely not the same Tinker Bell that appears in Peter Pan by any means. Any of their direct-to-video sequels/prequels are just horrible, and purely for money (duh!), and a complete and total abandonment of Walt's vision.

I still thank God there hasn't been a Sleeping Beauty 2. It would be a tragedy to taint the greatest animated work of art ever created. And let's face it, Cinderella 2 (and 3!) were beyond awful.

Changing these characters to a '90s/2000s sensibility is like twisting a knife in the heart of the originals.

-Pie
Old 06-10-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
The second movie was advertised on the original Tinker Bell Blu-ray. It had to be in production at the same time, since the release dates were just one year apart. I suspect there's even a 3rd in the offing.

Honestly, this is Disney at their absolute worse. Back story for a character they did not create just bites. And this is definitely not the same Tinker Bell that appears in Peter Pan by any means. Any of their direct-to-video sequels/prequels are just horrible, and purely for money (duh!), and a complete and total abandonment of Walt's vision.

I still thank God there hasn't been a Sleeping Beauty 2. It would be a tragedy to taint the greatest animated work of art ever created. And let's face it, Cinderella 2 (and 3!) were beyond awful.

Changing these characters to a '90s/2000s sensibility is like twisting a knife in the heart of the originals.

-Pie
I 100% agree with you and wish more people who thought the same would let Disney know.

All they do now is bastardize all the good characters. Disney is full of people who either A) don't like the characters OR B) don't know what to do with the characters OR C) just don't give a damn.

I know this as I used to work there. I got fed up with the arguing because I was trying to keep the characters true to who they are and not let them be sold out to every fad that walked by.

This IS NOT Tinkerbell! Call it something else and I'd be fine and maybe even try watching it. But it's a definite PASS just like the 1st.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:52 AM

To throw my two cents in here: I'm all for keeping the characters as they originally wrote them and stuff, but Tinker Bell was a murdering psychotic in Peter Pan. She tries to kill Wendy on several occasions out of jealousy. I like her character in the new Tink movie much better than the old "crazy ex-girlfriend" Tink from the classic.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:34 PM

That's a very hypocritical statement. You're all for keeping the characters true to themselves as long as you like the original character traits?

By that reasoning you could say "I'm against burning books UNLESS it's a book I don't like". See where that leads?

Her jealousy and fire is what I (and most people) actually like about her. Not some strawberry shortcaked nicey=nice version of her.

This is the same reason Mickey is now so watered down and boring. "Mickey can't be mean", "Mickey shouldn't fight" is a lot of horseshit. Watch the old shorts up until the 40's and see what a bastard he could be. Then watch "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and cringe at how retarded he now is. "Gee Pluto, the mechanical arm isn't working. How do I open the door?"

Sorry for the rant. These kinds of hack titles really get to me.

Back on topic for the people that want to buy this.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:49 PM

It is my understanding that Lasseter put the kibosh on the direct-to-dvd sequelitus that was plaguing Disney.

Tinks flicks are a tad different though as they are not a true sequels per se, more of a re-imagining of her background a la Star Trek '09. And at least the production values aren't in the crapper.