Monsters Inc. Delayed? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-14-2009, 02:18 AM
kman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 147
Default Monsters Inc. Delayed?

I have been hearing rumblings that Monsters Inc. has been delayed to November to go along with the release of Up.

This is a major disappointment as I was really looking forward to it.

Amazon no longer has the date up on the product page: http://www.amazon.com/Monsters-3-Dis...2278051&sr=8-5

Source: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2494
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-14-2009, 02:20 AM
cheez avenger's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
I have been hearing rumblings that Monsters Inc. has been delayed to November to go along with the release of Up.

This is a major disappointment as I was really looking forward to it.

Amazon no longer has the date up on the product page: http://www.amazon.com/Monsters-3-Dis...2278051&sr=8-5

Source: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2494

2010



.....................
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-14-2009, 02:21 AM
kman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 147
Default

I wouldn't be surprised if it came out with Up, similar to what they did with ratatouille and cars.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-14-2009, 02:28 AM
Dr_Teeth's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,809
Default

I know its off topic but has there been any word of a Fantasia 70 blu for next year?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-14-2009, 02:28 AM
cheez avenger's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,694
Default

Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: May 5, 2010

* 1 of: Monsters Inc [Blu-ray]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-14-2009, 02:38 AM
kman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: May 5, 2010

* 1 of: Monsters Inc [Blu-ray]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
amazon puts a lot of filler dates in on items that they dont know for sure. It would kind of surprise me if they delayed the title for an entire year while already heavily promoting it. I could be totally wrong, I just really wish I am not, I really want Monsters Inc on blu-ray!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-14-2009, 02:44 AM
cheez avenger's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
amazon puts a lot of filler dates in on items that they dont know for sure. It would kind of surprise me if they delayed the title for an entire year while already heavily promoting it. I could be totally wrong, I just really wish I am not, I really want Monsters Inc on blu-ray!


Do a search, there's a thread dedicated to the whole debacle.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-14-2009, 04:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 503
Default

I would be very surprised if it's not released in November.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-14-2009, 04:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 40
Default

This question has probably been answered as well, but why have pixar ben dragging their feet releasing their older library titles to bluray? Animation + hidef == win!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleana View Post
This question has probably been answered as well, but why have pixar ben dragging their feet releasing their older library titles to bluray? Animation + hidef == win!
Because they have a huge slate of movies for the theaters in the future, and each catalog BD release will sell more if tied to a theatrical new release.

The BD releases are money in the bank, and Disney doesn't want to blow Pixar's whole stock at once.

Same reason why Spielberg movies aren't out, save one.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Per TDB - Indy Trilogy, Monsters Inc, BTTF, Nemo, Alien Quad - All Delayed GizmoDVD Blu-ray Software General Discussion 42 06-22-2009 08:06 PM
'Monsters Inc' and 'A Bugs Life' coming May 19th!! taygan315 Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 02-20-2009 04:28 PM
monsters inc blu-ray trailer sunstar715 Blu-ray Software General Discussion 16 02-14-2009 04:57 PM
Monsters Inc and Bug Life Blu Ray April 2008? Darkside2Die4 General Discussion: Both Formats 3 01-02-2009 12:05 AM
No buzz on Monsters Inc or Finding Nemo yet? BuyHDOnline Blu-ray Software General Discussion 5 08-13-2007 07:21 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off