'Underworld: Rise of the Lycans' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-06-2009, 03:09 PM

Default 'Underworld: Rise of the Lycans' - High-Def Digest Review

Drew has reviewed 'Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.' He says he's not a big fan of the series, but thinks fans will likely enjoy this latest installment. This Blu-ray however is a disappointment, with problemeatic video and audio, but some good supplements. Overall, this one is for fans only.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2211...iselycans.html
Old 05-06-2009, 03:10 PM

The link says the disc hasn't been reviewed.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:17 PM

Should be there now.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:18 PM

You know what, I have to agree. I disagree with your review of the movie itself, as I think it is a great movie, but I agree that it is really only for the fans. It just does not work as a stand alone movie at all. You have to watch it last or it just does not work.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
You know what, I have to agree. I disagree with your review of the movie itself, as I think it is a great movie, but I agree that it is really only for the fans. It just does not work as a stand alone movie at all. You have to watch it last or it just does not work.
you can watch it second, as there is nothing in Evolution that affects this entry. the main two villains are again two of the three main roles, and get all the screen time.

it is a film for fans, i would agree. nearly ANY prequel is a film purely for fans.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:30 PM

I understand most complaints about the Underworld series. It is flawed in delivering pure action, horror or romance. I'm still a fan though. And enjoy the series alot.
I missed this in theaters, but judging from Kenneth Brown's review at bluray.com, it should be an easy pickup. And with the bluray trilogy pack and I dont have any on blu yet, its a no brainer.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:35 PM

Disspointed to read about the video transfer issues.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
Disspointed to read about the video transfer issues.
Yeah, I actually own the imports of the first two films which are technically about as good as you can get. Im still going to buy this since the wifey likes the series but I'll be disappointed if the are better than the blu-ray.

Goes to show ya that WAS technically just as good if not better sometimes...doesnt it?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:42 PM

I'm a bit sad to see that the video transfer is not glorious. Might pick it up.

Roadlizard, would you like to trade my for your copies of the first two?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
Yeah, I actually own the imports of the first two films which are technically about as good as you can get. Im still going to buy this since the wifey likes the series but I'll be disappointed if the are better than the blu-ray.

Goes to show ya that WAS technically just as good if not better sometimes...doesnt it?
I'm pretty sure that the HD DVD won't be as good as the bluray in this particular case... Not trying to introduce smack here but realistically, there won't be an HD DVD for this title. It might be worth to watch for forgine transfers if it's a highly bothersome issue... I'm going to need a copy for our movie night though so I might have to buy the domsetic bluray and just accept a dissapointing vidoe transfer. I wonder why this BD got 4 *'s though with the issues that were pointed out.