X-Men Trilogy and Wolverine - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-03-2009, 03:31 PM

Default X-Men Trilogy and Wolverine

Does anyone know/think that the X-Men trilogy and Wolvering will come out as Quad pack when Wolverine is released on Blu-ray? I want to get the X-Men trilogy but would hold off and wait for a 4-pack if this is actually going to happen.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:46 PM

Not a chance. The X-Men: Origins franchise is a separate entity from the X-Men trilogy. If Wolverine does well, I suppose they will greenlight the Magneto film (or perhaps the one that was to be about the forming of the original X-Men team by Charles).
Old 05-03-2009, 05:18 PM

Probably.

Isn't technically called, "X-Men Orgins: Wolverine?"
Old 05-03-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Probably.

Isn't technically called, "X-Men Orgins: Wolverine?"
So are you saying they would really have the nerve to release a box set trilogy and then 4-5 months later release the same three movies with one extra added in as a quadrilogy? No studio has that kinda nerve.

More likely they will release an X-Men: Origins boxset years down the road or combine all 6-8 eventual X-Men movies (or whatever # of films there winds up being) into a megaset. But if that happens it isn't gonna be soon, so better pick up that trilogy if you want it.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarvin View Post
So are you saying they would really have the nerve to release a box set trilogy and then 4-5 months later release the same three movies with one extra added in as a quadrilogy? No studio has that kinda nerve.

More likely they will release an X-Men: Origins boxset years down the road or combine all 6-8 eventual X-Men movies (or whatever # of films there winds up being) into a megaset. But if that happens it isn't gonna be soon, so better pick up that trilogy if you want it.
That's excatly what I'm saying.

They'll do it in some clever (or not) promotion, like a Quadrilogy. After all, it is Fox.

I don't think it will be within 4-5 months. Maybe a year or so.

I already have the trilogy, so I don't really care.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:05 PM

Am I the only one who throws flimsy box-set boxes away, just to line the individual cases up on my shelf?

So, if I was interested in Wolverine (I'm not), I would be happy with the individual case, line it up on the shelf.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by space-monkey View Post
Am I the only one who throws flimsy box-set boxes away, just to line the individual cases up on my shelf?

So, if I was interested in Wolverine (I'm not), I would be happy with the individual case, line it up on the shelf.
I don't throw them away but I usually couldn't care less about them. Especially with this one since the cases are actual BD cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
That's excatly what I'm saying.

They'll do it in some clever (or not) promotion, like a Quadrilogy. After all, it is Fox.

I don't think it will be within 4-5 months. Maybe a year or so.
Well that's different then. The OP asked if it might happen when Wolverine first comes to BD and I'm saying no way. That would take too much nerve. In a year's time? Anything's possible.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarvin View Post
Not a chance. The X-Men: Origins franchise is a separate entity from the X-Men trilogy. If Wolverine does well, I suppose they will greenlight the Magneto film (or perhaps the one that was to be about the forming of the original X-Men team by Charles).
I would say this X-men is a prequel to the first three movies.

I don't know if Fox will make another box set, but they could

Also I hope they do idea of the forming of the origianl X-men.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:34 PM

I never really understood the concern with box sets. Who cares if they do or not? Just buy the trilogy and then buy Wolverine when it comes out. What would you do when they release the next one and you've gotten the quad set? I'm not trying to single out the OP or anything, maybe he can wait and just wants to save a few bucks. But I remember other people earlier worrying about things like, "if the Narnia series changes studios, I won't be able to get a box set with all the movies!" Just buy the damn movies as they come out people!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:37 PM

Theres absolutely no way. They havent done it before, so they wont do it again