Canadian ver of Wall-e 2-disc - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 22
Default Canadian ver of Wall-e 2-disc

Do you guys know if it's only the Canadian version that doesn't have BD-Live? The US version does. Or do I have one of the first runs of Wall-e?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Z_9999's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 359
Default

There isn't a single Canadian Disney Blu-Ray with BD-Live. Narnia, Wall-E, Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty...nothing. Reading up on their end-user agreement, it wouldn't be available anyway in Canada. If you try logging in to the server from a Canadian IP address, you will probably be blocked at the door. Sorry about this!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_9999 View Post
There isn't a single Canadian Disney Blu-Ray with BD-Live. Narnia, Wall-E, Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty...nothing. Reading up on their end-user agreement, it wouldn't be available anyway in Canada. If you try logging in to the server from a Canadian IP address, you will probably be blocked at the door. Sorry about this!
That would explain it. Sorta wished I knew this before buying the CDN version of Wall-e. Now I'm wonder if I shouldn't buy it again for the extras. Probably not. Will have to look into what the extras include. Do I even like this movie that much?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 102
Default

is BD-Live worth it?
The Iron Man blu-ray BD-Live was pointless to me, and I dunno if the Disney BD-Lives are way better or what
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgosu View Post
is BD-Live worth it?
The Iron Man blu-ray BD-Live was pointless to me, and I dunno if the Disney BD-Lives are way better or what
I agree that on some BD's the BD-Live material is fairly weak.

I suppose for me it's just the thought that I could have got the version WITH BD-Live.

And while I'm not a HUGE fan of extra feature material (BD-Live or not) I'd rather have it. And in some cases the amount of extra features in HD is great and possibly the BD-Live.

Why don't the companies just make ONE VERSION!! BD-Live for all. Same features regardless of the region you live in. Just as they have been doing with DVD. R2 people might get DTS on one title but not on the R1 version. Sheeeesh!!!

Guess I'll have to order my Disney Pixar BD's from the US from now on.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Z_9999's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 359
Default

It has to do with publication and distribution rights across various countries. There are companies that have the distribution rights across the borders, but some (like Disney and Alliance) do not. You can't even find the 2-disc recut Sin City in stores here in Canada because Disney does not have the distribution rights. Very frustrating, if you ask me...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_9999 View Post
It has to do with publication and distribution rights across various countries. There are companies that have the distribution rights across the borders, but some (like Disney and Alliance) do not. You can't even find the 2-disc recut Sin City in stores here in Canada because Disney does not have the distribution rights. Very frustrating, if you ask me...
You can, however, order it online from www.amazon.ca. Thanks for the heads-up. Saves me time looking for SC Ext Cut in the shops. Oh and Amazon.ca wants $29.99 for it. And yes it is frustrating. All this BS. "Why can't these companies and organizations all get along".
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MartinLogan Announces In-Wall and On-Wall Speakers TheDickWard Home Theater Gear 0 09-07-2011 04:19 PM
Wall Street 1 and Wall Street Money Never Sleeps for sale thelwig14 Blu-ray Disc Exchange 0 04-05-2011 01:18 PM
Canadian Wall-Marts have some 360 hd dvd drives for $49 greenman342 HD DVD Bargains 1 03-08-2008 07:37 PM
HD-XA2 NEW firmware is ver 1.3/TS - fixed analog LFE problem Eladeralienman HD DVD Hardware General Discussion 7 04-01-2007 02:29 PM
Sammy Ver 1.1 now available on the website... Nene Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 4 02-20-2007 05:22 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off