'Dragon's Lair II' on its way - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-01-2009, 02:37 PM

Default 'Dragon's Lair II' on its way

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/dragonslairii.html
Old 05-01-2009, 06:05 PM

Cool can't wait
Old 05-01-2009, 11:39 PM

Why do most of these release date announcements seem to have two different dates in them? This news story starts out with "Digital Leisure will release 'Dragon's Lair II' on Blu-ray June 23." and ends with "it's indexed under June 29." I notice this happening a lot, whats the deal?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:17 PM

Default Great!!

can't wait. the level with the queen from alice in wonderland and the other with mozart (or beethoven, can't remember) where you are flying through the sky miniaturized with the cat chasing you were amazing. The garden of eden level was fun too. Makes you wonder if the person who wrote the article even played the game or read an accurate description of the game, "futuristic" it is not, you go through a mirror and are transported to many different themed levels, prehistoric world, AIW, Garden of Eden just to (re)name a few. Hope the amazon price is cheap and bundled with DL and SA.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:21 PM

Not to rain on the parade, but be wary of this until reviews are out regarding the stability of the game. I have been disappointed by these on both DVD and blu with Space Ace. Unfortunately, even on the PS3 I had poor response sensitivity to the point it made playing the feature more of an annoyance than a joy.

FWIW-I LOVED these games in the arcade back in the day, and keep buying them out of nostalgia and get disappointed every time...
Old 05-05-2009, 01:27 PM

i'm surprised the price for the first one is still $30. been waiting for a price drop for so long...
Old 05-05-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunyaga View Post
Not to rain on the parade, but be wary of this until reviews are out regarding the stability of the game. I have been disappointed by these on both DVD and blu with Space Ace. Unfortunately, even on the PS3 I had poor response sensitivity to the point it made playing the feature more of an annoyance than a joy.

FWIW-I LOVED these games in the arcade back in the day, and keep buying them out of nostalgia and get disappointed every time...
When you say "playing the feature" I assume you mean "playing the game via the remote" and not "watching the animation without user inputs", right?

I also loved the games back in the day and have no interest in re-experiencing "playing the game". I'd really just want to watch the animation for nostalgia's sake. I've held off though since Dragon' Lair is cropped to 16:9 and I haven't gotten around to getting Space Ace, where they wisely included both aspect rations. I've never seen DLII all the way through. Perhaps we can always hope for a long lost version of Sea Beast (or at least some pre-production art) as well?

Digital Leisure has milked these three games so many times. These Blu-ray releases have got to be like the 7th or 8th release of these games in various formats. I'm sure in 20 years they'll be re-released yet again on iPhone 9.0 or holo-deck or The Matrix or whatever to milk more cash. Don Bluth gotta eat.

Last edited by ZebraMajor; 05-05-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:59 PM

You are correct, sir. Space Ace on blu plays flawlessly for watching the animation for me on all of ours players. It is playing the game via remote that frustrated me and broke my heart a bit.