returning a defective disk? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-01-2009, 12:17 AM

Default returning a defective disk?

Does anyone know if there is a way to return a disk that seems to have a manufacturers defect on it? Bought it from Circuit City and I just now tried to play it.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 12:43 AM

well isn't Circuit City completely gone now?

you're probably out of luck
Old 05-01-2009, 12:47 AM

also, i seem to remember Circuit City saying they were selling all their remaining inventory "as is"

you could try contacting the manufacturer, but unless they are really nice, it will probably be difficult to get a replacement
Old 05-01-2009, 12:58 AM

I'm sure the manufacturer will be more than helpful, as I've seen a few cases go directly through the studios themselves to get issues taken care of.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpeMan View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to return a disk that seems to have a manufacturers defect on it? Bought it from Circuit City and I just now tried to play it.

Thanks
Welcome to the site. If I were you I would take it to a Wal-Mart or a Best Buy (preferbly Wal-Mart because they are easier to deal with than BB concerning exchanges/returns, imho.) and tell them that you bought this disc from them and it is defective and you want to exchange it for a new one. Tell them you bought it a week or so a go and you could not find the reciept. I have done this a couple of times when I have a bad disc and I no longer have the reciept and Wal-Mart never has given me a problem..as long as they have it in stock. I tried with BB and I had a bit of a difficult time with them but eventually they gave in. Worth a shot. I would try Iggy's suggestion first...but you might have to pay shipping and it may be awhile. If you want to get this matter resolved asap, try my suggestion.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:17 AM

yeah, that's probably your best bet

you'll get your replacement much faster that way, too

also, are you sure it's a manufacturing defect and not just that your BD player needs a firmware upgrade? it would suck to go to all that trouble and have the replacement not work either...
Old 05-01-2009, 03:10 AM

yeah, just take it to Wal Mart. They just send it back to the manufacture for a refund. No loss to them. I did this a bit ago with my COR disk from Amazon.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:29 PM

Thanks for the help. I will try Wal Mart. @ skycracksopen, yeah I'm sure. It looks like the disk is dented about the size of a fingernail edge.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:04 AM

I've had to trade defective DVDs to walmart over the years and they are usually good about it. But sometimes they aren't. Depends on the one you go to I suppose. Lately they have been a lot harder to deal with.