'X-Men' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-30-2009, 08:44 PM

Default 'X-Men' - High-Def Digest Review

As always, Nate Boss has written a uncannily thorough review of 'X-Men.' He says the film has aged a bit (Editor's Note - Ohhh yeah. Watched it this week and was a little stunned). Still, this sets up the series and all the other great Marvel movies. This Blu-ray has 4 star video, 5 star audio, and some somewhat stale extras. Recommended!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2057/xmen.html
Old 04-30-2009, 09:25 PM

Firsties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 PM

Great review Nate!

I agree on the sound. Hell, even Sabertooth's roar bumped.

Spoiler
It's weird, considering in the upcoming Origins film, they are/were "brothers," and in this film, they have no knowledge of each other. Call it operation mind wipe part 2 or 3.

I still hate Halle Berry and her stupid toad analogy, and her accent which later disappeared in the 2nd and 3rd flicks.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:33 PM

I say the review is right on, with decent video, great audio, and nothing new.

Yes it would of been nice to have some new extras, but at least we go a good transfer. I'm not sure if wouldI say the movie is dated, but I still like the movie.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Former Member

Spoiler
Gerard, disagree. Sabretooth does know Wolvie, though vice versa does not apply. That is why mr Creed is so obsessed with Logan's dogtag, grabbing it off during the snow fight, and retrieving it from Magneto's desk at the end of that scene, to wear it throughout the rest of the film. it is the ONLY character development Sabretooth gets.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:49 PM

I'm just glad they included the extras from both the original and 1.5 DVD, so I have no complaints about the extras. If this were released a couple of years ago it would be barebones.

I agree about the movie being somewhat dated- I feel the same about Tim Burton's Batman. My opinion of these has lessened somewhat after seeing the characters in better films (X2 and Chris Nolan's Batman flicks, respectively).
Still, I find X-Men a well-made movie for the most part and it is still highly enjoyable to watch.

As for Sabretooth, I think he has some memory/connection to Wolverine that he can't quite remember, as both characters will presumably lose their memory.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
Spoiler
Gerard, disagree. Sabretooth does know Wolvie, though vice versa does not apply. That is why mr Creed is so obsessed with Logan's dogtag, grabbing it off during the snow fight, and retrieving it from Magneto's desk at the end of that scene, to wear it throughout the rest of the film. it is the ONLY character development Sabretooth gets.

Spoiler
Correct, I misspoke. Vice versa is right.

I guess he should have been more vocal, speak up son!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Former Member

Cheez, if he spoke up, the phrase "RRRRAR!" wouldn't really express much. perhaps if he were subtitled.

(yes, i know, he does have some lines.)
Old 04-30-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
Cheez, if he spoke up, the phrase "RRRRAR!" wouldn't really express much. perhaps if he were subtitled.

(yes, i know, he does have some lines.)

hahahahahahaaha

The bass in the "rrrrar" is pretty impressive.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:27 PM

Since continuity is being brought up, for those who have seen Wolverine (no spoilers, please -- I'm seeing it tomorrow), is the continuity for that movie consistent with the continuity of this movie and the other 2 X-Men flicks? I really hope so because it's totally lame if not. Although I wish they could erase the continuity of X-Men 3 entirely, to be honest. Or at least find a way to reverse some of the things that happened...