X-Men Trilogy & E-Movie Cash + Best Buy complaint - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-30-2009, 01:04 PM

Default X-Men Trilogy & E-Movie Cash + Best Buy complaint

Went to Best Buy intending to pick up some or all of the X-Men films on . I don't love the third one, but the first two I enjoyed a lot and planned on getting. I realized that I was practically paying the same at Best Buy for X1 and X2 as the X-Trilogy, so I figured why not.

I then noticed that the X-Men contain e-movie cash or whatever for free tickets to Wolverine Origins. It seemed like a nice promo, but I wondered how many. I figured they were already cutting me a $25 price break by boxing them up as the trilogy, so I wasn't expecting to get multiple e-movie passes (just 1). But I asked the sales associate anyway, and he informed me that they were in each individual film box, so I would be getting 3 e-movie ticket passes. Wow!

Of course I got home and there was only 1 in the overall package. Again, I don't really feel cheated because to get the extra 2 passes by buying individually I would have been plunking down $25 more (thus defeating the purpose). However, I do kinda feel like the Best Buy sales associate is screwing over people who honest to god wouldn't know any better and who might only be interested in picking up the Bryan Singer films (1 and 2) by themselves and could have gotten 2 passes if a sales associate had not steered them wrong.

Anyone out there with a similar experience? If so, did you complain and maybe get something out of it? I do feel annoyed, but like I said am not surprised by Sony's packaging decision to only include one since they were providing the price break. My complaint is with the shoddy help at Best Buy.

And yes...I know Best Buy sucks and I wouldn't have made the purchase there (normally go online for s) but I got a large giftcard for my b-day.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:01 PM

It sounds like you think he deliberately misled you. I'm guessing that isn't the case. Also, it's not Sony's packaging, it's Fox. Fox releases the X-Men films.

Also, this didn't need its own thread, you could have posted this in the X-Men trilogy thread, fyi.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
Also, this didn't need its own thread, you could have posted this in the X-Men trilogy thread, fyi.
Sorry, I don't post movie/packaging issues that often (generally stick to the gaming boards). I'll be more diligent next time.

I'm not really sure whether it was deliberate or not, though I suspect it was not. Regardless, that would be the problem I am complaining about, sales reps answering questions to which they do not know the answer just to appear "helpful" to the consumer. If he didn't know, then he should have said so. It does make me wonder why, without knowing, he picked the most attractive answer a consumer would want to hear.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:12 PM

Bestbuy is a fucking scam. On their website they have X-Men 2 BR listed for 19.99 and 24.99. I went there and it's 25.99. Fucking scammer trying to get people to head over to their store with false advertisement.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:18 PM

Sounds like he just made an honest mistake and i wouldn't expect to get 3 in a single package so it wouldn't be a big deal to me.
Didn't it say anything on the package?
Old 04-30-2009, 03:23 PM

@ Asia-
If you point out the price on their website, bbuy will honor it, or you could go ahead and check walmart's pricing etc. and they'll match it. While I agree it's annoying to go into the store and see a different price, and no doubt people have paid the higher price without realizing it, you could easily remedy your situation by heading to customer service or simply pointing out the discrepancy at the checkout.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIA911 View Post
Bestbuy is a fucking scam. On their website they have X-Men 2 BR listed for 19.99 and 24.99. I went there and it's 25.99. Fucking scammer trying to get people to head over to their store with false advertisement.
Do what I did. I printed out the Magnolia online ad for Hulk (2008) BD and they price matched it. If you really want a better price, get the Fry's ad and have them price match the $16.99 price for X1 and X2. I'm only getting the set cause I got the Papa John's coupon.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
No way, did you bring it to the register and had them scan it?

I was going to purcahse the boxset as well, but it turned out it would be the same price buying them seperate and I'd get movie passes in each bluray.

The deal was buy any 2 selected blurays(of which the X-mens were on the list) for $35 and of course seperately they were $19.99, so total that was $54.99, exact price as the boxset.

I guess if you're really into digital copies the boxset is for you, but prefer the movie passes.

Oh and did you buy it this week or last week during the ad?
Old 04-30-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
It's not false advertising. Nowhere does it say that their price is the same at the store and online. And as some people that will read this will be thinking "how many times does this guy have to keep saying that people should do in-store pick-up", I obviously need to keep saying it because people don't seem to realize. All you have to do is do in-store pick-up if the price is lower on their website. It's a lot quicker than going into the store, realizing it's more expensive, getting all mad, and then going to customer service to try to get them to price match it. Do I think Best Buy should have the same price in the store and on their website? Yes. Has it pissed me off in the past? Yes. I learned that just doing in-store pick-up can save money if you want to buy BD's at Best Buy. It saves a lot of aggravation.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:53 PM

They have computers right in the store where you can look up the prices on their website. If it's lower online than what is priced in the store, simply take it to Customer Service & they'll give you the lower price. No reason to get all worked up about it...