'The Da Vinci Code: Extended Cut' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-28-2009, 11:56 AM

Default 'The Da Vinci Code: Extended Cut' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'The Da Vinci Code' has been posted. The movie is entertaining, even if it has its flaws. This Blu-ray has strong video, big studio audio, and tons of extras. Worth a look.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2039/davincicode.html
Old 04-28-2009, 11:58 AM

I absolutely hated this movie. The pacing was bad and I never felt a sense of urgency from any of the main characters.

I love all of Dan Brown's books but his one. I hope Ron Howard does a better job with Angels And Demons.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:15 PM

i thought angels & demons was definitely the better book, but after seeing the da vinci code i don't have much hope for the movie
Old 04-28-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
i thought angels & demons was definitely the better book, but after seeing the da vinci code i don't have much hope for the movie
My thoughts exactly.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:19 PM

I preordered this over a month ago, and then kinda forgot about it until I got the amazon shipping notice this morning.

I really liked this movie, it was better than I expected it to be. Very interested to see exactly what's included in the extended cut.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:54 PM

Pass for me as well. I saw this in the theaters, and thought it was pretty boring- practically non stop exposition and expository dialogue. I definitely wouldn't want to sit through an extended cut that exasperates the problem.
I agree with Bracke though- the controversy over this movie was pretty silly. I can't believe people made a big deal over it (including Anne Rice!).

Also, although I don't care about this particular release, it is still disheartening to see that Sony has opted out of using seamless branching. I really want it to be a standard thing for movies being released on Blu-Ray.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:08 PM

Well I for one enjoyed this movie quite a bit. The bd-live cash sealed the deal for me.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:13 PM

I didn't mind the movie, review was spot on for me.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 04-28-2009, 01:18 PM

MOD NOTE:

I understand this movie touches on the issue of Religion, and I understand that it is very controversial... but we will not talk about the Religion issue in this thread because this thread is about the Blu-ray, and the Blu-ray only!

I deleted two posts, and because they were not an issue of arguing there were no infractions to go along with them. I do know, however, if we allow the aspect of religion in this thread to be discussed it will end in a bitter arguement with infractions handed out, a closed thread, and somebody crying in the feedback forums.

So, long story short, don't discuss Religion in this thread!!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkash View Post
I absolutely hated this movie. The pacing was bad and I never felt a sense of urgency from any of the main characters.

I love all of Dan Brown's books but his one. I hope Ron Howard does a better job with Angels And Demons.
I actually did enjoy the book, much more than the movie - but then Tom Hanks can ruin just about any movie for me.

Worth a rent, though, to see it in high def, and see if the extended version makes any more sense.