'Splinter' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-28-2009, 01:16 AM

Default 'Splinter' - High-Def Digest Review

Tom Landy has reviewed ’Splinter.’ This sounds like a great horror flick! This Blu-ray has solid video and sound and a plentiful dollop of extras. Worth a peek for horror fans.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2198/splinter.html
Old 04-28-2009, 03:41 AM

Thumbs down No offense but...

this movie sucked! I cannot believe it got 3 1/2 stars! 11/2 would have been sufficient (and that's being nice).

Spoiler**

Throughout the movie I could not accept the fact of the man and woman who were hijacked actually becoming friendly with the hijacker. If the boyfriend wasn't such a wuss he would have stood up for his girl and gave the hijacker a face pounding for slamming the girl in the head with a gun. How could they actually feel for this person that got them into the mess anyway?

Did anyone else laugh when they were in the freezer and the girl tried comforting her hijacker when they were sawing off his arm? Girl, "You're ok, you're ok, we're cutting off your arm." Pure words of comfort.

Don't waste your time with this...
Old 04-28-2009, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3markel View Post
Throughout the movie I could not accept the fact of the man and woman who were hijacked actually becoming friendly with the hijacker.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Quote:
Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response sometimes seen in abducted hostages, in which the hostage shows signs of loyalty to the hostage-taker, regardless of the danger or risk in which they have been placed. The syndrome is named after the Norrmalmstorg robbery of Kreditbanken at Norrmalmstorg in Stockholm, in which the bank robbers held bank employees hostage from August 23 to August 28 in 1973. In this case, the victims became emotionally attached to their victimizers, and even defended their captors after they were freed from their six-day ordeal. The term "Stockholm Syndrome" was coined by the criminologist and psychiatrist Nils Bejerot, who assisted the police during the robbery, and referred to the syndrome in a news broadcast.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:20 AM

Quote:
this movie sucked! I cannot believe it got 3 1/2 stars! 11/2 would have been sufficient (and that's being nice).

Spoiler**

Throughout the movie I could not accept the fact of the man and woman who were hijacked actually becoming friendly with the hijacker. If the boyfriend wasn't such a wuss he would have stood up for his girl and gave the hijacker a face pounding for slamming the girl in the head with a gun. How could they actually feel for this person that got them into the mess anyway?

Did anyone else laugh when they were in the freezer and the girl tried comforting her hijacker when they were sawing off his arm? Girl, "You're ok, you're ok, we're cutting off your arm." Pure words of comfort.

I have to agree that this film has been really overrated by people. It started out ok and i thought it had potential but then they started all the character type switching and they never really showed the creature again much so it lost credibility fast with me.
It even got really silly in parts
Spoiler
like when the car is right outside the door and they wouldn't even try a run for it even though there were 3 of them and the creature wasn't any bigger than a hand!

Spoiler
The kidnapper turned to mush and the geek became brave in only a couple hrs didn't fly either.

Only reason really to watch this movie is the hot babe that plays the geek's gf. and even then
Spoiler
she never gets nekkid.j

Last edited by CaptainCanuck; 04-28-2009 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:02 AM

I am going to give this one a shot. Looks and sounds good to me.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 AM

It was decent but not as good as I was expecting from what Ive heard.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:58 AM

This movie was flat out terrible IMO. Watched on Sun night.....I am just glad I did not waste the bulb hours on the projector for this since we opted to watch upstairs! Awful acting, the story is ridiculous, I could go on.....not even worth a rent IMO.

Last edited by ToddS; 04-28-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:

Spoiler**

Um, but wouldn't you want to survive?

I suppose you could try and pound the face of a guy with a gun, but if you screw up, then what? Haven't you ever heard the phrase "never bring a knife to a gunfight?"

I also don't think they were really "feeling" for the guy. It was just survival instinct to work together against a much more deadlier enemy. This isn't anything new, it happens in lots of movies.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:

Spoiler**

Agreed. This movie is 1.5 stars at best.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:37 PM

What did you guys expect for a movie that's been showing on the Sci-Fi Channel for a while now? lol
It's decent for a TV movie but not worth owning IMO.