'Unborn' -- pre-release thread - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-27-2009, 03:40 PM
PeterB

Default 'Unborn' -- pre-release thread

Oooh, scary:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/unborn.html

Universal will debut the horror-chiller on June 23, for an MSRP of $39.99.

Specs include theatrical and unrated cuts in 1080p video and DTS-MA audio.

No word yet on extras, aside from BD-Live. Stay tuned...
Old 04-27-2009, 06:21 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I want this one. And why is it I haven't heard anything good or bad about this but I expect to see a lot of bad comments about this movie to follow? It's got Gary Oldman in it, how bad could it be?
Old 04-27-2009, 07:35 PM

This movie was terrible I actually paid for it in theatres and it has to be the worst movie I have paid for.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:15 AM

Trailer did not look that great to me at least. I like Gary Oldman but this just looked bad.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:47 AM

I'll buy it and I've only seen the trailers! I buy all horror movies released on no matter what!! lol
Old 04-28-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -zombie- View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I want this one. And why is it I haven't heard anything good or bad about this but I expect to see a lot of bad comments about this movie to follow? It's got Gary Oldman in it, how bad could it be?
Having a good actor in a film doesnt preclude it from sucking horribly. Remember Ishtar? Worst movie ever and is had Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beaty in it.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Banned

It wasnt as good as I wanted it to be... but at least it wasnt the same old "Catholic Horror". This time, it was Hebrew Horror!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Banned

And what's with the obvious omission in the heading:

"Starring Gary Oldman and Meagan Good, this tale of a demented, revenge-seeking spook scared up over $25 million at the domestic box office.."

Ummm, that should read,

"Starring Gary Oldman and Odette Yustman, this tale of a demented, revenge-seeking spook scared up over $25 million at the domestic box office.."

Odette not only plays the main character in the film, but she's as hot as Megan Fox. Did they not see the same movie I saw?
Old 04-28-2009, 11:39 AM

Odette Yustman is very hot. After Cloverfield, I'll watch anything with her in it

Heard this sucked though, so just a rental.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney7 View Post
Odette Yustman is very hot. After Cloverfield, I'll watch anything with her in it

Heard this sucked though, so just a rental.

Yeah. Thank God! Someone with a normal functioning brain. Its always better to rent first. I just dont understand how people could BUY something (spend money. I'll say that again; S P E N D M O N E Y) on something that they havent seen.

OK, if you're Odette's cousin, Meagan Good's sister or Gary Oldman's Nephew, then yeah, you can buy a Bluray of a film they are in without seeing it because you're family and related by blood. But I read too many people Blind Buying Bluray films "just because".

Just because why?!! Just because its on Bluray? You're that much of a Sony cult member - ahem, Sony fan member that you need to buy whatever comes out every Tuesday on Bluray???!!!

Those Bluray freaks are starting to sound like those people that applaud every time Steve Jobs opens his mouth at a Mac conference