New Digital Bits Rumors...Release Dates and Rumors! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-27-2009, 08:39 AM

Default New Digital Bits Rumors...Release Dates and Rumors!

Our industry sources have informed us that Braveheart is due to arrive on Blu-ray Disc on 8/11 from Paramount. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Brugundy, Gladiator and Galaxy Quest are all tentatively planned for Blu-ray release in September, followed by South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut likely in October and Forrest Gump in November. And with a little luck, a Star Trek: Next Generation Motion Picture Collection will arrive sometime before the end of the year (likely around the same time as J.J. Abrams' new Star Trek and Star Trek: The Original Series - Season 2 & 3), containing Star Trek: Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection and Star Trek: Nemesis.

Also today, sources are telling us to expect Warner to release New Line's Rush Hour on Blu-ray on 7/7, followed by Rush Hour 2 in early August. Also tentatively due in August are Chuck: Season 2, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season 2 and Fringe: Season 1. Additional catalog titles we've been told to expect on Blu-ray before the end of the year from Warner and New Line include Nightmare on Elm Street, Snakes on a Plane, Sphere, Gremlins, Magnolia, Heat, Boogie Nights, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Logan's Run, The Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, The Green Mile, North by Northwest and more (all TBA).

All courtesy of thedigitalbits.com
Old 04-27-2009, 08:46 AM

Enh. No big scoops there. It seems like we knew about most of those from one source or another.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:50 AM

I haven't heard anything about Boogie Nights or Magnolia, those are the two I'm excited most for.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:54 AM

nice, good to see the Rush hours finally.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:56 AM

August is a wonderful date for Braveheart. Didn't anticipate it that soon. Looking forward very much to Gladiator and South Park, too.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:58 AM

what about "Contact"?
that's one I want to see.
Also: It would be nice to see a few more older classics.
We've been hearing about those same Warner titles forever.
C'mon Paramount and Universal--let's get on the stick.
where are the HITCHCOCK films besides "North By.."?
god I'm so tired of waiting for those.
3 years in and NOTHING!
I mean WTF??
Old 04-27-2009, 09:21 AM

I can see quite a few rentals down the road.I don't know about buying any except Star trek first contact.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:33 AM

Ill buy one or two but other than that its all rentals.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:42 AM

Braveheart, Galaxy Quest, South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut, Star Trek: Next Generation Motion Picture Collection, Star Trek: The Original Series - Season 2 & 3),
Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2, Snakes on a Plane, Gremlins, Magnolia, Heat, Boogie Nights, The Wizard of Oz, The Green Mile, North by Northwest.

All of these will be MINE!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:10 AM

some nice titles there, but where is Scarface...that's one title I'm wishing it's out by xmas this year.