StarTrek in mail but NO High def review yet? - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-24-2009, 02:44 PM
RLT RLT is offline
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 20
Default StarTrek in mail but NO High def review yet?

Just been notified by Play.UK that my order for the Trek films 1-6 is in bound, but I haven't noticed any reviews from High-Def Digest yet ?
Usually get one way in advance of a release...

RLT
  #2  
Old 04-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,195
Default

It's a conspiracy to anger you. If you have it in the mail do you really need a review? Just watch it for yourself.
  #3  
Old 04-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,293
Default

This crap pops up ever week. Just wait.
  #4  
Old 04-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,704
Default

Well you'd think with all the amazon adds and placed stories for them the site could afford to hire another reviewer.
  #5  
Old 04-24-2009, 02:55 PM
beyondmediaonline.com's Avatar
Formerly candymangt
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
This crap pops up ever week. Just wait.
I am getting so sick of these threads............where is this review.......blah blah blah...........HDD doesn't have the review up.
  #6  
Old 04-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,462
Default

to be fair, i haven't seen ANY movie 1-6 reviews yet. there are only a couple season 1 reviews already, and that has an earlier street. give it time and patience. and realize, that while that release may be BIG, it would take a SERIOUS amount of time to review properly, to give it the detail it deserves, to view each and every supplement, and so on. we're talking about 6 full length films.
  #7  
Old 04-24-2009, 03:05 PM
RLT RLT is offline
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester217300 View Post
It's a conspiracy to anger you. If you have it in the mail do you really need a review? Just watch it for yourself.
Now don't make me paranoid
It's just that I prefer to read Hi-defs reviews of a film before I consider a purchase, ( quality etc), but as I don't already own these on DVD it's a must buy item for me.

RLT
  #8  
Old 04-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by messin18 View Post
Well you'd think with all the amazon adds and placed stories for them the site could afford to hire another reviewer.
This is not even in 95% of reviewers hands yet. I'm still waiting for Paramount to get back to me on getting a copy of the set and no other reviewer I have talked to have gotten it. When you want to review 10+ titles a week and still maintain a full time job let us know. Season 1 just got into reviewers hands a few days ago and for many its an easy cut/paste job from the previous HD DVD set. 6 films + tons of exclusives will take some time.
  #9  
Old 04-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Gunyaga's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
to be fair, i haven't seen ANY movie 1-6 reviews yet. there are only a couple season 1 reviews already, and that has an earlier street. give it time and patience. and realize, that while that release may be BIG, it would take a SERIOUS amount of time to review properly, to give it the detail it deserves, to view each and every supplement, and so on. we're talking about 6 full length films.
QFT-I cannot find a review anywhere-this indicates screeners not being sent out, not any action or lack thereof by HDD.
  #10  
Old 04-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Bane's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 17,895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLT View Post
It's just that I prefer to read Hi-defs reviews of a film before I consider a purchase, ( quality etc), but as I don't already own these on DVD it's a must buy item for me.

RLT

OK, now I'm not meaning to sound like a dick here but doesn't that mean that this is just a pointless thread then?
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'You've Got Mail' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 35 03-04-2013 06:39 AM
52% of mail is junk mail !!! Maxx_75 The Water Cooler 7 10-02-2008 02:17 PM
Titles you own, but yet to watch mosul210 HD DVD Software General Discussion 18 05-29-2008 09:16 AM
But but but XBL gets dedicated servers? KTA Gaming Smackdown 34 02-12-2008 09:19 AM
Has Anyone Gotten The New 1st Gen Update in The Mail Yet? COLORADOHDMAN HD DVD Hardware General Discussion 5 04-18-2007 10:52 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off