íCollege Road Trip' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-23-2009, 11:51 AM

Default íCollege Road Trip' - High-Def Digest Review

You can relax now. Tom has reviewed íCollege Road Trip.í This a film most of the family canít enjoy. This Blu-ray has fantastic video, acceptable audio, and a few supplements, but this is just for the Raven fanatics out there.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1484...eroadtrip.html
Old 04-23-2009, 11:55 AM

Just to respond to some questions I can already anticipate.... Yes, this is an old, old release. We've been sitting on this title for a while, but I'm using it now while I wait for some other reviews to come in:

The Wrestler, X-Men, and Sin City ARE in the works now.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:42 PM

Nice review Tom. I remember buying this back in July, just because Martin Lawrence was in it (I can't get enough of that guy). Unfortunately, this movie was just too silly and aimed fully at kids. I agree with you on the video and audio portions of the disc too. But yeah, again, nice review Tom.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:45 PM

Attebery, I got a question. When you say "we've been sitting on this title for a while", why exactly do you do that? Why not just post it once it gets written?
Old 04-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Former Member

hd, what he may mean is sometimes a title comes in, and it doesn't get reviewed immediately, and creates a backlog. this is one such title. it could also mean "yep, this one is a little old, but here it is."

hdd is catching back up on all the titles that slipped through the cracks, it just takes some time, and is very difficult w/ the massive amount of titles coming out every week.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:57 PM

I mean we had it, but had been reviewing bigger titles at the time, especially when releases picked up late last summer and fall. Tom was waiting for new titles to make their way through the mail, so he subjected himself to this one.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:53 PM

Yes this movie is pretty bad, but good actors.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:07 PM

I always dig your reviews, Tom, and this one doesn't do anything to change that. I may not always entirely see eye to eye with you when it comes to your opinion on the movie, itself. But your writing style is entertaining to read, and, aside from you first HDD review, you deliver the goods in the tech sections. Kudos, sir!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:22 PM

Ohhhh, alright. I see what you mean now. Thanks for the clarification. Yeah; it makes a lot of sense reviewing the 'bigger' titles first and foremost.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:32 PM

Can someone explain to me why the "On the Set" doc. for "Double Dutch Bus" is HD but the video is not? M/v's should've been some of the FIRST things to be shot in HD considering how flashy they are. Also let us not forget how much money is spent on them in production values anyway.
edit: For any bitching about cost from these studios you can already buy an HD cam from Panasonic now at about $11K that does 1080p as well as it being 10 bit and 4:2:2 on color. Granted that's not 4:4:4 but it's already above BR's color standard.