Default Terminator 2: Sky-Net edition Review

French Review
http://www.filmsactu.com/test-blu-ra...u-ray-5984.htm

Old 04-21-2009, 01:18 AM

Babelfish Translastion
Old 04-21-2009, 07:03 AM

By clean up they meant DNR.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:06 AM

IŽd be interested in a comparison with the normal UK-Edition of the Blu-ray. That one already had a good transfer and good audio :-). Will this be worth the upgrade?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:30 AM

I am soglad i waited nd waited to buy this movie.

I really want that head
Old 04-21-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVinyl View Post
IŽd be interested in a comparison with the normal UK-Edition of the Blu-ray. That one already had a good transfer and good audio :-). Will this be worth the upgrade?
That depends. There is actually a review in Dvdactive.com which is the new BD versus the Optimum BD. (Unfortunately I can not put a link directly to it because this is my first post and if I try, this pops up: "...we do not allow URLS, email addresses or images in posts until you have made 10 posts or more...").

However, the review states that: "While the differences between the two releases aren't astounding, they are noticeable enough to recommend this Skynet Edition over the older disc in terms of video quality."

And for the conclusion: "If you don't already own the film on Blu-ray this is definitely the version to get for the enhanced audio-visual elements, generous bonus material and multiple versions of the feature, but if you're not a particularly huge fan and are unconcerned with extras I'd seriously consider saving you cash until it drops in price. I also have a sneaking suspicion that we'll see a fully remastered release in the next couple of years (2011 is the film's twentieth anniversary). With that said, this is a very good disc so I have no qualms about recommending it. Now all we need is the Blu-ray release of The Terminator, complete with the original mono track in some sort of lossless format (pretty please)."
Old 04-21-2009, 02:06 PM

but is that reviewer the type that doesn't understand film and thinks grain is a sign of a bad transfer? i think the answer is yes if they are recommending the skynet edition over the existing bluray versions

also it's the same transfer... it's been the same transfer since the extreme edition DVD... it's just been different encodes and in this case they DNRed it so bad the DVD almost has more detail

i'm hoping they give us a new 4K or better transfer without DNR in 2011
Old 04-21-2009, 02:13 PM

so they screwed it up again? gah
Old 04-21-2009, 02:46 PM

If they DNRed it would not the existing UK-Blu-ray by Studio Canal still be the one to recommend? I own it and it seems to be superior if they did that stuff in the Skynet Edition.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:12 PM

The screen caps I've seen of this look so, so disappointing. DNR'd to death.

Still, seeing as I only have the 2006 BD (and none of the imports) I'll probably end up buy it for the other cuts, lossless and extras..... but, I'll wait until it drops to $15 (or lower).