Fringe - The Complete 1st Season on Blu-ray: Up for Pre-Order, Cover Art - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-20-2009, 05:19 PM

Default Fringe - The Complete 1st Season on Blu-ray: Up for Pre-Order, Cover Art

From TVShowsOnDVD
Quote:
Fringe - The Complete 1st Season for DVD and Blu-ray: Up for Pre-Order, Cover Art
No release date available yet, but you can pre-purchase your copy now

As you're probably aware, Amazon has posted a number of "pre-announcement" pre-order listings lately, allowing you lock in your copy of various upcoming TV-DVD titles...even though they haven't actually been put on the official studio schedule just yet. We've posted news about quite a few of these in recent weeks, but we've found even more new ones to tell you about. So we're bringing you a few special Saturday posts to tell you about them!

One of these is Warner's Fringe - The Complete 1st Season on both DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc. Since these products aren't officially announced at this time, their Amazon pre-order listings do not have a release date yet. Instead they each say "This title has not yet been released. You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives."

They do have pricing, though, showing $59.98 SRP for the standard DVD, and $79.98 SRP for the high-def BD version (but you can pre-purchase either of them right now, reserving your copy at a discounted cost). Our thanks to reader "Barry" for alerting us to this. No other details are available yet, and the DVD listing only seems to have temp promo art, but the Blu-ray Disc listing has some possible early cover art, which we show you below. This might be subject to change, though, so please be aware of that. We'll update you, of course, when more information becomes available. Stay tuned!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:08 PM

thanks for the heads up. love this show.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrob View Post
thanks for the heads up. love this show.
As a huge X-Files fan, so do I.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:51 PM

I like the show............ but here is the problem...... I don't see any urgency to "Know the Truth"

Mulder wanted to know the truth of what's out there.

The people of "Lost" want to know the truth about the island.

But, for Fringe..... I don't see any mystery........ of what's going on
Old 04-20-2009, 07:01 PM

It's a conspiracy
Old 04-20-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbolly View Post
I like the show............ but here is the problem...... I don't see any urgency to "Know the Truth"

Mulder wanted to know the truth of what's out there.

The people of "Lost" want to know the truth about the island.

But, for Fringe..... I don't see any mystery........ of what's going on
Massive Dynamics?

William Bell?

The Pattern?

The Observer?

Walter authoring the book which those people follow?

Walter period?

Peter's past?

Olivia getting experimented on as a child?
Old 04-20-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -zombie- View Post
As a huge X-Files fan, so do I.
I heard that from somebody before watching the premier, I think it ruined the episode for me. I think as an X-Files fan the best way to enjoy Fringe is to try to (as much as is possible anyway) not think about the X-Files at all while watching it. As long as I remember to not take it seriously at all and watch it as a goofy sci-fi show like The Invisible Man or something I enjoy Fringe a lot.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:10 AM

Again with the Dolby Digital...looks like Terminator will be DD as well *sigh*
Old 06-01-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMaustus View Post
Again with the Dolby Digital...looks like Terminator will be DD as well *sigh*
What is that all about!! I thought we had moved beyond lossy encodes with Warners?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcole View Post
What is that all about!! I thought we had moved beyond lossy encodes with Warners?
I'm pretty sure they categorically stated to the Digital Bits that they wouldn't be using lossy tracks any more?