'Friday The 13th' (2009) coming June 16th!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-18-2009, 09:27 AM

Default 'Friday The 13th' (2009) coming June 16th!!

Have not seen this one. I have heard mixed opinions about it, good and bad. This will probably be a blind buy for me...probably day one. Looks to have an extended cut on the disc which is cool.

www.highdefdiscnews.com
Old 04-18-2009, 11:27 AM

The movie was ok and i'ts better then most of the other New Line and the last Paramount movie. I don't think I would call it a remake, but more like a sequel to the early movies. I think I like the first seven moves better then this one, but it's ok.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:13 PM

I thought this movie was crap. The script was garbage, the kills were mostly bloodless and uninventive, the directing lacked any real scares, and the ending was ridiculous. A frustrating disappointment of what could have been done to a reboot. I hope they get a better writer and director involved in the sequel.

If it comes with an extended cut that improves the kills, I might rent out of curiosity, otherwise its a complete pass for me.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:14 PM

I'm looking forward to this one. None of the original F13 films are great by any means so I think I know what to expect.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:18 PM

I didn't care at all for this.I wanted a continuation from the end of Jason X which was a hellofalotta fun.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area51 View Post
I thought this movie was crap. The script was garbage, the kills were mostly bloodless and uninventive, the directing lacked any real scares, and the ending was ridiculous. A frustrating disappointment of what could have been done to a reboot. I hope they get a better writer and director involved in the sequel.

If it comes with an extended cut that improves the kills, I might rent out of curiosity, otherwise its a complete pass for me.
I thought the ending was pretty bad too. I will say I didn't really care for any of the moves after Jason Lives, but part 7 was ok. You know what with all the flaws this new one might be the best of the new Line movies, but that isn't saying much.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:05 PM

I thought it was just a so-so movie on the low end. It just didnt bring anything new to the table. But at the same time it didnt use anything old except for the name Jason Vorhees. It felt like it was just a slasher movie, not a friday the 13th movie.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
I thought it was just a so-so movie on the low end. It just didnt bring anything new to the table. But at the same time it didnt use anything old except for the name Jason Vorhees. It felt like it was just a slasher movie, not a friday the 13th movie.
It felt like a Friday The 13th film right from the start, where it featured a revamped version of the ending from the original. While I love the original, it's really outdated and cheesy now, that it's hard to get scared from it. The remake not only featured story from the original, but reinvented Jason in a much scarier way than the previous films. Jason running! The first 15 minutes of the film alone were amazing.

I loved the cast too, except the dude who's house they were staying it, he needed to go first. The Panabaker girl is cute, and she really added to the film.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:19 PM

I do want to see this, but as I'm sure I will be let down I will be renting first.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:28 PM

I have to be honest, I didn't feel like I blew my money to watch it once. However, compared to the Halloween 2007 remake, it sucked. Even when I was a kid 11 or 12, Friday the 13th never scared me. Its just hard to get nervous or jittery from a guy that drowns and comes back to life. Myers was scary because he was supposed to be evil, psychotic, stocked people. So many want to compare the two and say its gay that Meyers stalk his victims, but thats what makes it creepy. I remember being 12 when I first saw the first one looking behind me at night, it did its job, but don't think I didn't pick up the 2nd one as soon as I got the chance. All in all, I think Ben is right this title just didn't bring anything new to the table. Where as the Zombie remake did in the basement of the Meyer's house at the end. That scene alone made it worth buying.