Why are there no Warner releases for the 6 weeks between April 14th-May19th? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-11-2009, 05:14 AM

Default Why are there no Warner releases for the 6 weeks between April 14th-May19th?

I was just looking at the release schedule: http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/releasedates.html

For April 7th, there are 11 Warners releases.
Then April 14th, there is just an IMAX release and I don't really consider that a WB movie.
April 21st, nothing.
April 28th, nothing.
May 5th, nothing.
May 12th, nothing.
May 19th, nothing.

Then after that, it's sporadic and unnoteworthy:
May 26th: Falling Down and Robin Hood: Prince of Thuieves
June 2nd: He's Just Not That Into You, NFL Road to the Super Bowl XLIII, Spring Breakdown
June 9th: (This is one is good) Woodstock
June 16th: The Cell 2

Then WB basically vanishes off the list but that is because most studios haven't announced their titles yet. But, still, nothing for 6 weeks from April to May? WB is still by favorite studio, but this is ridiculous considering their great library.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:24 AM

yeah does seam a little weird....but you did miss a few titles

josh grban april 21
michael buble april 21
batman 20th anniversary may 19th

then in may and june

true romance may 26th
road house june 2nd
spring break june 2nd
grand torino june 9th
inkheart june 23rd

i think warner just dumped a bunch of bargin pried blurays to fill the gap between there big title releases.......but nothing to exciting from warner!!!!

warner is missing my dollars...last title purcashed was Amadeus....

oh well good thing lots of other studios are getting my money.......
Old 04-11-2009, 10:54 AM

Thats cause they released a whole bunch of catalogs this week. thats what im guessing.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:48 AM

WB makes some of the worst decisions when it comes to Blu-rays. Just look at how they continued to not use lossless audio on many discs, and they still put out titles that autoplay and have lossy audio as the default so you still have to hunt for the menu anyways. Soooo annoying.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
WB makes some of the worst decisions when it comes to Blu-rays. Just look at how they continued to not use lossless audio on many discs, and they still put out titles that autoplay and have lossy audio as the default so you still have to hunt for the menu anyways. Soooo annoying.
I couldn't agree more. Warner is my least favorite studio due to their lack of lossless audio on a lot of disc, lack of menus... and that autoplay option sucks hard too.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't. Studios are either getting nailed for stuffing too much marketing shit before the main menu or for putting none.

I don't get the hostility against autoplay. I love it. I put on the film and get to put down my remote. No, sitting for 5 minutes hitting "Next" before I get to lay down and enjoy.

Totally agree about the lossy audio though.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BambooLounge View Post

I don't get the hostility against autoplay. I love it. I put on the film and get to put down my remote. No, sitting for 5 minutes hitting "Next" before I get to lay down and enjoy.

Totally agree about the lossy audio though.
If you have to adjust the audio / commentary / subtitle / PIP (bonus view) options then it's annoying to have to pause the film and restart. In addition, on TV series, it can be quite annoying to have to PAUSE and go into the MENU to get to the episode you want to view. I don't watch every episode in one sitting, and it gets annoying having to bypass the first episode on the disc everytime.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benson_automate View Post
If you have to adjust the audio / commentary / subtitle / PIP (bonus view) options then it's annoying to have to pause the film and restart. In addition, on TV series, it can be quite annoying to have to PAUSE and go into the MENU to get to the episode you want to view. I don't watch every episode in one sitting, and it gets annoying having to bypass the first episode on the disc everytime.
i've never purchased any of the WB season sets (Smallville, Nip/Tuck) on blu, so i've never experienced that. the thought of that, though, would annoy me.

Warner HAS gotten much better about lossless tracks. the only downside is they aren't the DEFAULT track on these releases, so one has to remember to pause and change the audio options each time a disc is played. once they start doing that, i'd be perfectly happy with their releases, autoplay and all.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
There shouldn't be any hunting for menus. You just hit the pop up menu button while playing the title and change the audio options. The same way it's always been.