Inkheart / June 23rd - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-10-2009, 10:10 PM

Default Inkheart / June 23rd

From bd.com
Quote:
New Line Home Entertainment in conjunction with Warner Home Video has announced that they will bring the Brendan Fraser fantasy film 'Inkheart' to Blu-ray on June 23rd, day-and-date with the DVD release. Video will be presented in 2.40:1 1080p VC-1 accompanied by a 5.1 Dolby TrueHD soundtrack.

Extras for this release include:
  • Additional Scenes
  • "Eliza Reads to Us" featurette in which co-start Eliza Bennett shares a favourite Inkheart passage not in the movie, accompanied by Cornelia Funke illustrations
  • "A Story from the Cast and Crew" featurette – Novelist Funke plays “Tell Me a Story” and triggers the start of a wild adventure for the moviemakers
  • "From Imagination to the page: How writers write" – the “process” of inspiration
  • BD Live
  • Digital Copy
  • DVD version of the film
Old 04-10-2009, 10:12 PM

Default Front / Rear artwork

***UPDATE***

Source: BD.com
Old 04-13-2009, 01:37 PM

This is a very under-rated film that New Line let languish theatrically because they were too busy focussing on "The Golden Compass".

The Blu-Ray disc is already out in the UK and the transfer is stunning, but the extra's are a complete waste of time and have little to no value. Neglected again.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:19 PM

I am so glad to see these kids/family movies being released with a DVD copy packed in. I know pretty much everyone on this board hates DVD but I'm tired of being told we should get the DVD instead of the BD so the kids can watch it in their room. I don't have the budget for additional BD players at this point (I'm lucky to have one) so I think the combo pack is a great idea.