'Mean Girls' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-09-2009, 04:09 PM

Default 'Mean Girls' - High-Def Digest Review

Sorry for the late review today!

Peter has reviewed 'Mean Girls.' He says this is a sharp teen comedy, with good writing by Tina Fey and a great performance by Lindsay Lohan (yes, we just said that). This Blu-ray is top-notch, with great video, audio, and extras. Worth a look!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2083/meangirls.html
Old 04-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Best.Teen.Comedy.Ever! It's honestly one of my prized possessions in my Blu-ray collection.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:16 PM

so ironic that LiLo is in total breakdown mode right now, and just told US weekly that she was treated horribly by some Hollywood "Mean Girls" starlets just the other night when she tried to get in to see Ronson.
She says in the interview that everyone has turned on her, and she is now "so alone"
what a waste of a career.
I really thought she was really going to be a major star, aka Jodie Foster, but she completely choked it.
she clearly has mental issues--most likely borderline personality disorder.
She needs to just leave Hollywood at this point. Her career is OVER at this point.
No-one will touch her for anything, and her supposed "comeback" movie is now going direct to cable.
really sad.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

I think she's gotten to the point that nobody will take her seriously in films anymore. She's become known as a party girl like Paris Hilton wanting to be an actress, rather than just being known as an actress.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:19 PM

well, fairly or not, her "coming out" certainly didn't help her.
and I don't really think her being a complete alcoholic drug addict is helping much either.
she is really a mess.

Last edited by Arkadin; 04-09-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

I don't see that as a problem. My problem is that if she is going to like women, then at least find one that is semi-attractive. Sam Ronson got hit by the fugly stick a few dozen times. I blame her parents, her whole family is a mess, and her mom is working on messing up Ali Lohan now...
Old 04-09-2009, 04:23 PM

It's certainly not a problem for me, but I think it would be naive to think it didn't hurt her career.
there are still a lot of powerful people in Hollywood who still believe strongly in "don't ask, don't tell"
Old 04-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
It's certainly not a problem for me, but I think it would be naiive to think it didn't hurt her career.
there are still a lot of powerful people in Hollywood who still believe strongly in "don't ask, don't tell"
Well yeah of course. At least she's the face of Fornarina....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bwodCtVPPk
LOL.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:53 PM

and as far a best teen comedies--what about "Sixteen Candles"?
that's a great one.
"Mean Girls" is good though.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:21 PM

WOW I never gave this movie a thought when it was out but based on all of this praise I just added it to my queue.