PeterB Guest

Default 'The International' -- pre-release thread

Sony Pictures has announced the Clive Owen thriller:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/international.html

Street date is June 9, and MSRP $39.95.

Tech specs include 1080p/AVC video and TrueHD audio.

No specs yet...

This movie was criminally underseen, it's a great espionage thriller.

The shoot-out scene is one of the best action sequences I've seen in a long time. I'm definitely buying this one.
    Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ80U 50" Plasma *new*
    Sony Playstation 3 blu-ray player
    "Onkyo HT-S680" 6.1 surround sound

Blind buy. I'm a fan of everyone involved.

BostonMA is offline Member

blind buy, clive owen's my third favorite actor, really wanted to see this during its theatrical run.

Windows V is offline Member

Total crap. There's only one action scene, and it's way overhyped. I don't care if it's the Guggenheim, it was still a craptacular shootout that pales in comparison to the genre leaders (Bourne, Bond, etc) and is even worse than the ones in Bangkok Dangerous.

The plot made no sense at all, the finale was anticlimactic, and most of the movie was just plain old boring.

Pretty much, this was nothing more than a populist propaganda piece about how banks are teh evil. That wouldn't be so bad if the plot and sole action scene weren't so horrible.

If you're really curious about the Guggenheim shootout, give it a rent. But the movie is DEFINITELY not worth owning. Total crap.

Gunyaga is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Windows V View Post
    Total crap. There's only one action scene, and it's way overhyped. I don't care if it's the Guggenheim, it was still a craptacular shootout that pales in comparison to the genre leaders (Bourne, Bond, etc) and is even worse than the ones in Bangkok Dangerous.

The plot made no sense at all, the finale was anticlimactic, and most of the movie was just plain old boring.

Pretty much, this was nothing more than a populist propaganda piece about how banks are teh evil. That wouldn't be so bad if the plot and sole action scene weren't so horrible.

If you're really curious about the Guggenheim shootout, give it a rent. But the movie is DEFINITELY not worth owning. Total crap.

Tell us how you really feel. This did seem to get pretty mixed review from friends etc. Still will give it a rent prolly.

The first over-looked gem of 2009.

This was Tom Tykwer's best film since RUN LOLA, RUN.

I'm a huge fan of both Clive Owen & Naomi Watts, and they're first-rate here. The opening scene sent chills down my spine and I thought the Guggenheim sequence was the best movie shoot-out since HEAT (and in my opinion, that's saying a lot).

Picking this up first thing June 9th.
    "1 plus 1 = ONE." - Charlie Crews

I'm married to Blu-Ray, but my heart will always belong to HD DVD.

"52 Sharp AQUOS LC-52D64U LCD 1080p HDTV, Samsung BDP-5000 Dual-format BD/HD-DVD player w/ Reon SD 1080p upconversion, Pioneer VSX-1018 AH-K Audio/Video multi-channel HD receiver (THX certified), 2 High Speed Monster Cable Ultra 1000 (10.2Gbps) for HDMI

LEHD is offline Member

The film is really slow and only have an action that is really good but I find the action to be the only good part of the movie, I like Clive Owen and Naomi Watts but I didn't like the movie so much, the movie is a solid rental but not a purchase for me

Ciotog is offline Member

Durn burn it! I need a better excuse to plop down the inflated $28 to get this to see Ms. Watts latest. Never rented - never expect to.
    HD-DVD owned: >100 (well, I've still got 'em)
    Blu Ray Owned: >>100

Oh my god.....that cover art is atrocious. Look at Clive Owen's face! Are they joking???

All I can say is:

Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ80U 50" Plasma *new*
    Sony Playstation 3 blu-ray player
    "Onkyo HT-S680" 6.1 surround sound

RoadLizard is offline Member

I will be renting this seeing as I do NOT blind buy no matter what. Ive heard pretty mixed reviews so we'll see how it goes. Nothing more to say at this juncture....
    LG OLED 65" E6
    Samsung PNH645000 Plasma
    Samsung UBD-8500K
    Sony STRDG 710
    Polk TSi 300's, M10's, RM8, PSW10 [/B]

I am looking forward to watching this even if the cover art is bad....
    = 236