'The Graduate' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-05-2009, 10:23 PM
PeterB

Default 'The Graduate' -- pre-release buzz

MGM/Fox has at last announced the classic for Blu:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/graduate.html

No specs yet, but we'll hope for extras.

MSRP is $24.99, and street date June 2.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Former Member

amazon is showing this as a 2 pc, iirc.

gotta say the new MSRP is fantastic. Warner pushed it w/ their budget catalog line, and it seems Fox is doing the same now.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:53 PM

According to blu-ray.com this (and a majority of the other MGM releases in June) are coming with a DVD copy of the film as well (like Princess Bride)
Old 04-05-2009, 11:30 PM

That's gonna be an awesome deal. One of the best and one of the funniest movies ever made... with the DVD as bonus... all for the lowest catalog price they've ever charged? I'm amazed. Let's hope the presentation & extras are up to snuff. This is a day one rush out and buy type of movie.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:33 AM

Wow for the price there probably won't be too many extras, but good movie. It is nice to see a young Richard dryfass in a small part.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:13 AM

^ Stop holding Blu-ray to lower standards than DVD. If it doesn't include ALL the DVD's special features, none of us should buy it. Because even at that new, lower catalog price point for MGM and/or Fox titles, it's still MORE than the cost of the DVD.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:10 AM

another movie released over and over that will not benefit from an Hd transfer.Not knocking the movie,but how many times will you watch it on blu after having seen it so many times.Once!!!!

rent it if you must, otherwise just pop in your dvd and enjoy and save your money.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer5 View Post
another movie released over and over that will not benefit from an Hd transfer.Not knocking the movie,but how many times will you watch it on blu after having seen it so many times.Once!!!!

rent it if you must, otherwise just pop in your dvd and enjoy and save your money.
Well considering this is an HD forum, it is the general assumption that people are here to view HD content. Saving money and watching SD content isn't the point of this forum, now is it?

If you want to talk about S DVDs, perhaps you should go to a non-high def forum like DVDTalk, instead of crapping in threads about how a certain title will not benefit from HD. Especially without having seen the transfer.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:14 PM

Oh God, another new poster talking about how x movie will not benefit blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,........
Old 04-06-2009, 12:18 PM

This is another title I want to see before purchase. I don't have the DVD but always wanted to collect this title. If it has stellar quality i'll pick it up on disc.