Help, anyone with Iron Man "2-disk set" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-05-2009, 12:06 PM

Default Help, anyone with Iron Man "2-disk set"

I just bought a copy off ebay used for a good price. Problem is I think disk one is not blu ray. It has no blu ray logo on the cover of it and unless my mind is playing tricks, didn't look that spectacular. Also, my ps3 didn't read it as Iron Man, but rather "dvd-rom" which I also thought was strange. If you look at the pic, you can see the 1st disk is not even the same color as the 2nd disk, which does have the "blu ray" logo on it. It's even labeled "disk 2", and I would assume the 1st blu ray disk would be labeled "disk 1", but nowhere does it say that. SO, could someone who has the same copy of Iron Man be able to tell me if my 1st disk is of standard definition variety by looking at the cover of it. This could have happened by mistake on the ebay guys' part, but I need to be sure before I speak to him or make a complaint.

thanks again fellas.
Attached Thumbnails
Help, anyone with Iron Man "2-disk set"-snv32533.jpg  
Old 04-05-2009, 12:29 PM

I hate to say this, but it looks like you got ripped off. I just took a look at mine. Disc 1 and Disc 2 are supposed to be different colors, but Disc 1 (with the feature film) is supposed to be blue. It also has the Blu-Ray logo right on it. The person went in there and switched the discs. An easy way to tell that (besides Disc 1 not being a Blu-Ray) is because the special features disc is supposed to be on the left, not on the right where it is in the copy the person sold you. Good luck getting everything sorted out.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theknuck View Post
I just bought a copy off ebay used for a good price. Problem is I think disk one is not blu ray. It has no blu ray logo on the cover of it and unless my mind is playing tricks, didn't look that spectacular. Also, my ps3 didn't read it as Iron Man, but rather "dvd-rom" which I also thought was strange. If you look at the pic, you can see the 1st disk is not even the same color as the 2nd disk, which does have the "blu ray" logo on it. It's even labeled "disk 2", and I would assume the 1st blu ray disk would be labeled "disk 1", but nowhere does it say that. SO, could someone who has the same copy of Iron Man be able to tell me if my 1st disk is of standard definition variety by looking at the cover of it. This could have happened by mistake on the ebay guys' part, but I need to be sure before I speak to him or make a complaint.

thanks again fellas.
Disc 1 looks just about the same as disc 2 except is is blue instead of gray and says:
disc 1
  • Feature
    Film
  • Special
    Features
Blu ray logo is just below "MARVEL" next to the Dolby logos.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:35 PM

thanks for quick reply killowertz, I also found a pic of the disks on amazon and surely I got the wrong disk. I just sent the guy an email asking for a fix or a refund so I won't have to file complaint. We both have 100% feedback so I'm sure this will be fixed. I just hate it when this crap happens, gives eBay a bad name.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:36 PM

Also, when the blu ray starts it displays the Paramount High Definition logo.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:41 PM

Sorry to hear about this, man. Could you keep us updated on this? I would like to know how it turns out.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:45 PM

I'm curious. What's the seller's eBay name?
Old 04-05-2009, 04:22 PM

Great News. They refunded my total payment and don't want me to return the item. They also said that if they come across the "disk 1" at a later date they would surely send it my way. I then offered to resend payment if they ever did send it, but i'm not holding my breath. But either way, A very un-stressful transaction and remedy. I left them positive feedback for great communication and prompt service. The sellers ID was "opiestreasures" and they had over 1000+ feedback and 100% seller rating. I honestly wouldn't mind doing buisness with them again seeing that they are so honest. I guess next time i'll just be buying "brand new" blu rays!

Thanks all that helped.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:25 PM

Looks like he probably put the wrong disc in the case by accident. The fact that he gave you a refund and didnt even ask for it back kinda says he made a mistake, and wasnt trying to rip you off. Either way, at least it ended well for you.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:41 PM

Looks like it was an honest mistake. Glad you got your money back!