'Dollhouse: Season 1' Headed to Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-03-2009, 12:37 PM

Default 'Dollhouse: Season 1' Headed to Blu-ray

No release date yet, but Fox is prepping 'Dollhouse: Season One' for Blu-ray: http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2277/dollhouses1.html
Old 04-03-2009, 01:55 PM

By the time this is released, they'll probably have to rename it "The Complete Series". It's extremely unlikely that the show will be picked up for a second season.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
By the time this is released, they'll probably have to rename it "The Complete Series". It's extremely unlikely that the show will be picked up for a second season.
Really? That's too bad.. I'm finding, like FRINGE and FIREFLY, it keeps getting exponentially better with each episode.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfitz99 View Post
Really? That's too bad.. I'm finding, like FRINGE and FIREFLY, it keeps getting exponentially better with each episode.
Yep, that last episode demonstrated the show's real potential. Of course, as Josh said, it's going to get cancelled which is what usuall...oh wait, I already talked about that today.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintx View Post
Yep, that last episode demonstrated the show's real potential. Of course, as Josh said, it's going to get cancelled which is what usuall...oh wait, I already talked about that today.
The last 2 episodes were great since at Epi 6 Whedon wrote it. It is a shame too because this show has potential. I guess we lose 3 FOX shows now that are on Friday nights - Dollhouse (maybe), Sarah Connor (almost certain), and Prison Break (which is on its last legs).
Old 04-03-2009, 05:24 PM

The more recent eps are pretty good, but I'm not excusing Whedon or the writers for the lackluster first 5 episodes. Firefly hooked me right from the start, so it's not like Whedon has a track record for slow/bad starts.

Don't know if I'll buy the blu-ray. Maybe if, by seasons end, there are more verifiable good eps than bad, I'll grab it.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
The more recent eps are pretty good, but I'm not excusing Whedon or the writers for the lackluster first 5 episodes. Firefly hooked me right from the start, so it's not like Whedon has a track record for slow/bad starts.

Don't know if I'll buy the blu-ray. Maybe if, by seasons end, there are more verifiable good eps than bad, I'll grab it.
The first 5 epis were all over the place thanks to the FOX suits that like to stick their fingers where they don't belong.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:44 PM

Did people really like the last episode, the one with the animal testing and the whole cast acting high? That episode unreservedly sucked.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:47 PM

I personally tried to watch Fringe when it first started, and couldn't get into it. Same thing with Dollhouse. I think the acting is terrible. I really don't get what people see in Eliza. I mean, she's cute with her doe eyes and pouty lips, but she's not very convincing in the role at all.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Did people really like the last episode, the one with the animal testing and the whole cast acting high? That episode unreservedly sucked.
I also don't see this show going another season. Without the crutch of SCC, and on a Friday, this show is toast.