'Transporter 3' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-19-2009, 09:32 PM

Default 'Transporter 3' - High-Def Digest Review

Tom has reviewed ’Transporter 3.’ He says this is a fun, if somewhat silly action film that's a clear step-up from 'Transporter 2.' This Blu-ray has superb video and audio but pretty sad extras. Give it a rent.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2036/transporter3.html
Old 03-19-2009, 10:59 PM

I thought this movie was released by Fox, they must've gone to Lionsgate for BD/DVD release.

In any case, I'll give this a rent since I enjoyed the first two.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattest30 View Post
I thought this movie was released by Fox, they must've gone to Lionsgate for BD/DVD release.

In any case, I'll give this a rent since I enjoyed the first two.
The first two were released (theatrically and on Home Video) in the US by Fox.

They most likely passed on the third entry and it eventually was scooped up by Lionsgate, who ended up distributing the film theatrically in the US.... hence why they have disc rights now.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:03 AM

I will probably buy this as I own the first two...but will wait for now. Great marks for pq and aq.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:59 AM

I already own it. I haven't watched it on BD yet, but I have seen the movie already. I liked it for what it was. It's good to know I'll be in for a treat when I do watch it again.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:39 AM

This movie is really bad. The car chase scenes were artificially sped up during the post processing making all the car chases seem super cheesy. It's like they drove at 20 miles an hour and then sped it up so that it looked as though they were driving at 100 miles an hour. The story is terrible as well. I really enjoyed the first two, but this was trash.

The only redeeming features were Jason Statham himself, and the hand to hand combat scenes. That and that one bike scene. Everything that involved his car was horrible, and since this is a Transporter movie... Yeah...
Old 03-20-2009, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by konohaavid View Post
This movie is really bad. The car chase scenes were artificially sped up during the post processing making all the car chases seem super cheesy. It's like they drove at 20 miles an hour and then sped it up so that it looked as though they were driving at 100 miles an hour. The story is terrible as well. I really enjoyed the first two, but this was trash.

The only redeeming features were Jason Statham himself, and the hand to hand combat scenes. That and that one bike scene. Everything that involved his car was horrible, and since this is a Transporter movie... Yeah...
I respectfully disagree with your opinion on this movie. How the hell could you enjoy the first two movies and then say this movie is "trash?" All three movies are practically the same damn movie...if anything, part 2 is the slightly weakest link. You also say Jason Statham and the hand to hand combat scenes are the only redeeming features....well DUH, thats the only redeeming feature of any Transporter movie

As far as "artificially speeding up the car chases", they only do that in one scene during the movie. So, its not like all the car chases are ruined.

I agree with the review on this site. 3 stars for the movie, its a fun action film.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltobeyou View Post
I respectfully disagree with your opinion on this movie. How the hell could you enjoy the first two movies and then say this movie is "trash?" All three movies are practically the same damn movie...if anything, part 2 is the slightly weakest link. You also say Jason Statham and the hand to hand combat scenes are the only redeeming features....well DUH, thats the only redeeming feature of any Transporter movie

As far as "artificially speeding up the car chases", they only do that in one scene during the movie. So, its not like all the car chases are ruined.

I agree with the review on this site. 3 stars for the movie, its a fun action film.
The first two films were over the top, but they were filmed well. This one had really amateur shots, and cheesy post processing work. The only reason I'd watch it again, like I said, would be for Statham himself, and the decent hand to hand fight scenes. However the actual Transporting in a car, in the movie Transporter 3 failed.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:40 AM

I wish we could see Statham in like a Bloodsport type of movie. Hand to hand combat the whole damn movie!!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by konohaavid View Post

I'll have to agree with you. I couldn't stand this movie. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two as well, this one just seemed overly ridiculous.