'W.' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-24-2009, 12:58 AM

Default 'W.' - High-Def Digest Review

Josh has reviewed 'W.' He says this movie is surprisingly sympathetic to #43. This Blu-ray has excellent picture and sound, and a few pretty good supplements. Worth a look.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1980/w.html
Old 02-24-2009, 01:06 AM

Great great movie. I rented it on DVD last week. I may pick it up when its cheap
Old 02-24-2009, 01:45 AM

I enjoyed this movie thoroughly, I'm not a big fan of Bush but I was hoping the movie wouldn't attack him and just hack him to pieces because who hasn't seen Bush ripped to shreds, I thought the different perspective of his life, a completely unbiased one, made this movie really fresh and different for me, 4/5 in my book. I will agree however, Thandie Newton is god-awful in this, she made me cringe when she would open her mouth, but at least she didn't have much to say.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimbFromLimb View Post
I will agree however, Thandie Newton is god-awful in this, she made me cringe when she would open her mouth, but at least she didn't have much to say.
I think that made her performance all the more accurate.

Also, I think the movie is PG-13 and not R.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:36 AM
Banned

I actually liked this movie. Not a big fan of Bush's but this movie painted him in a very human light. I think he was just surrounded by bad people who gave him really poor advice.
I will pick this blu-ray up if I can get it cheap. It had some pretty funny part's in it. I thought Josh Brolin was spot on and Thandie Newton was great as Rice.
Now I'm waiting for the parody about Obama to come out.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:13 AM

Interesting movie, obnoxious review.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:13 AM

I just thought the movie was decent. I got distracted a few times, and that usually only happens when a movie isn't holding my attention well enough.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:14 AM

I love Oliver Stone, and although I thought Josh Brolin was great, I thought the film was terrible. It just offered event after event, fictional or fact, without anything to say. I barely made it to the end.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:22 AM

Thumbs down Why the bias?

As I've come to expect from High-Def Digest, another unflinchingly biased review. I started coming to this site to read Blu-ray disc reviews, but as the reviews deteriorate further and further into absurd left-wing politics I'm not sure for how much longer. I'd be more interested in a site that left the "movie review" (if you want to call it that) out completely.

Blu-ray disc reviews = Good
Using movie reviews as a podium for politics = Bad
Old 02-24-2009, 10:32 AM

I think it's a bit hypocritical that the reviewer can spout politics and such in his review, but we can't talk about them in the forums??

The film itself was ok, I thought it was entertaining even though I think I'm the last Bush supporter left. But the review was actually pretty pathetic. The review itself was better suited to be submitted to the huffington post rather than HDD.

After watching W. I don't think I'll rewatch it (no reason to imo) so I don't think there is any reason to get it on BD.