Terminator 2: Sky-Net Edition - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-20-2009, 07:32 PM

Default Terminator 2: Sky-Net Edition

Sorry, if this is old.

http://bluray.ign.com/articles/955/955785p1.html

I was just reading the New Terminator 2 BD? thread here too.

Ahh, that bust looks crazy
Old 02-20-2009, 07:45 PM

From the link:

Quote:
We all know that the Robot Apocalypse is on its way, but thanks to a few classic movies, we have a good sense of what to expect. One of those movies, of course, is Terminator 2, the James Cameron sci-fi classic that proved we can't really change the future.

On May 19, 2009 Lionsgate will finally release Terminator 2 Skynet Edition on Blu-ray. Fans of the ultimate action film can see and hear multiple versions of the movie in explosive, THX certified high-definition and all-new English Lossless DTS-HD Master Audio. The disc is loaded with over 8 hours of interactive Blu-ray content including over 140 minutes of behind the scenes video and multimedia galleries, storyboard-script views, audio commentaries, quizzes and games plus additional BD-Live enabled content featuring games and more that is accessible on internet-connected players.

In addition, the Terminator 2 Skynet Edition Blu-ray will be available for a limited time in the Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector's Set, a 6-disc set that allows the ultimate T2 fan to play the film anytime, anywhere! Packaged with a 14" T-800 Endoskull bust that plays sound effects from the film while its eyes light up, this collectible set features the Terminator 2 Skynet Edition Blu-ray plus both the "Extreme Edition" DVD and "Ultimate Edition" DVD which, combined, include every T2 special feature ever released on DVD. As a bonus, the Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector's Set comes with a digital copy of the film for iTunes or Windows Media.

Terminator 2 Skynet Edition on Blu-ray Disc and the Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector's Set will be available for $29.99 and $174.99 respectively on May 19, 2009, coinciding with the theatrical release of Terminator: Salvation and the DVD release of the Schwarzenegger DVD Collection.

Bonus features include:
  • Multiple THX-certified, high-definition versions of the film
  • All-new English 6.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Lossless
  • Picture-in-picture of behind the scenes video, text commentaries and multimedia galleries
  • Storyboard-script mode view storyboards and read the script while watching the film
  • Interactive quizzes and games
  • BD-Live enabled, featuring games, extra content and more for internet-connected players
  • Audio commentary with 26 cast and crew members
  • Audio commentary with director James Cameron and co-writer William Wisher
  • Enhanced for D-Box Motion Control Systems
  • Includes THX Optimizer

Last edited by Super-VHS; 02-20-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Former Member

wow. that sounds fan freaking tastic. the 175 pricetag on the uber-set....not so much, but the 29.99 one sounds great!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:50 PM

Default From the article (Cont'd)

Limited Edition:

Skynet Edition Artwork:

Source: IGN
Old 02-20-2009, 07:51 PM

Thanks, sorry I should have posted those details haha.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:55 PM

Damn, I want that bust.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:57 PM

I been wanting to import the HD DVD steelbook but if this is a huge over the Blu ray version thats out, Il get this.

Movie cash please
Old 02-20-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLogan13 View Post
Damn, I want that bust.
Yea it definitely doesn't look cheap either. Die-cast??
Old 02-20-2009, 08:35 PM

wait...i might have read the details too fast but did it say the blu-ray disc is the same as the one out now with a few different cuts on DVD??? or are the different cuts on blu-ray?
Old 02-20-2009, 08:43 PM

From what I quoted it seems the Skynet Blu-ray is getting "Multiple High Def Versions".... I'd assume that means Theatrical, Director's Cut, Special Edition. And rest assured the BD isn't a carbon copy of what's been out since 2006 - this new release is getting 6.1 Master Audio (lossless) with PiP, BD-Live and a slew of other extras. The old disc was lossy (6.1 DTS-ES) and only had commentaries.

The Limited Edition will have multiple versions of the multiple versions. The Ultimate and Extreme DVDs, plus the new SkyNet Blu-ray will all be inluded in that uber expensive 6 disc set.