Question on Blockbuster's online service - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-20-2009, 02:04 PM

Default Question on Blockbuster's online service

Not sure if in right forum, but Netflix has been upsetting me the past few months. I don't mind paying an extra $1 a month for HD, but I was told when I inquired about the extra fee if the "long wait" would cease to exist and I was told yes. However, all the Netflix users here know that not to be the case.

For the record, I absolutely loathe Blockbuster's online service. I have tried many free trials and the online service sucks in my experiences. The only things I like are the in-store swaps and coupons for game rentals, etc.

Now for the question: Does the in-store swap program work for HD titles? I know each store is different, but if I could get a few responses so I can make a decision whether or not to switch that would be great.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:53 PM

Yea they work on all movies except games. I'm upset when people diss BB it's seriously sh*ttin on Netflix. They have a good selection online of BDs and I usually get the movies the next day or two at most. I usually wait til Tuesday to exchange in store for new BD releases
Old 02-20-2009, 04:40 PM

That's why I said that the online service is crap in my experiences. Other people may have wonderful experiences, but I would only pay for it if I could in-store swap for HD. Also the free game rentals are nice, unless they stopped doing that, but in my experience I had nothing but problems with the online part of it. Broken DVDs, wrong DVDs, long wait times from when I mail a movie until one is received (pre in-store swap program), the list goes on.

So my "dissing" is opinion only. If the service works great for you then that's, well, great. Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:55 PM

I aint say u was dissing it, I meant people in general. I guess its love/hate thing