I am already excited for the blu release of 'Watchmen'!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-19-2009, 03:07 PM

Default I am already excited for the blu release of 'Watchmen'!!

I know this is a bit premature on my part to get excited over a blu release when the movie has not even been released in theaters yet...I blame Bill Hunt,lol. According to a source, Hunt says that Zack Snyder has said that when Watchmen gets released for sd dvd and blu this year, there will be different versions. The theatrical one is 2 hours and 36 minutes, a directors cut which clocks in at 3 hours,10 minutes, and another version that is 3 hours, 25 minutes.

www.thedigitalbits.com
Old 02-19-2009, 03:21 PM

Well, Im with you. BUT.... the movie has to be good first and foremost and Im not totally sold that it will be. I dunno if I'll like the style or storyline or whatever. I hope so... Zack has impressed me in the past with Dawn of the Dead and 300 so lets keep our fingers crossed.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
Well, Im with you. BUT.... the movie has to be good first and foremost and Im not totally sold that it will be. I dunno if I'll like the style or storyline or whatever. I hope so... Zack has impressed me in the past with Dawn of the Dead and 300 so lets keep our fingers crossed.
Mate, you haven't read the graphic novel? What are you doing wasting your time here? Go and order it!!
Old 02-19-2009, 03:43 PM

The visual style, to me, represents the graphic novel EXACTLY! I have no doubt that this movie will be a hit..I hope,lol. Some people may not get it but, as squozen has stated, the graphic novel is a must read.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squozen View Post
Mate, you haven't read the graphic novel? What are you doing wasting your time here? Go and order it!!
no doubt, I'm not the biggest graphic novel fan, but after seeing the original trailers for the movie borrowed it. Awesome read, and I believe it's the biggest selling graphic of all time, no? Anyways, this is the movie I'm most aniticipating right now!
Old 02-19-2009, 04:54 PM

So in a nutshell, skip the theatrical version and wait for the DVD/blu ray.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:00 PM

For what it is worth:
http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2009/..._whooshing.php
Old 02-19-2009, 07:46 PM

dont skip theatrical. if it does bad they may not want to spend money putting out the better versions?
Old 02-19-2009, 08:07 PM

Watchmen is so fantastic. Between that, Daredevil: Born Again and The Dark Knight Returns, 86-87 were great years for comics.

Though I do detest how it's referred to as a graphic novel. It was a COMIC BOOK maxi-series. Graphic Novel just seems to be a term for uptight fans who are afraid to admit to liking comics.

Embrace your inner geek.

Besides there is a clear difference between Graphic Novel and a Collected Trade Paperback (which Watchmen actually is.)
Old 02-20-2009, 06:32 AM

The graphic novel is great, and the footage we've seen makes it seem that Snyder has captured the visual style pretty well. However, as we saw with the steaming heap of shit that was "The Spirit", there is far more to making a great film than just getting the visuals right.