Any news on the WWE Royal Rumble 2009 blu-ray? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-16-2009, 10:30 PM

Default Any news on the WWE Royal Rumble 2009 blu-ray?

I see that the DVD of Royal Rumble 2009 will be released on February 24th, and I've heard many times now from solid sources that the WWE plans to release this on blu-ray as well, however I can't find any information on the blu-ray release, no pre-orders, no specs info, nothing. Does anyone have any information on this release at all? Maybe it will be a surprise blu-ray release on the 24th?

I've heard that the WWE wanted to release their PPVs on blu-ray, but since Genius Products is going through a rough patch financially, they weren't able to release them, but the Royal Rumble had a definite confirmed release...just the date wasn't specified. You would think they would release this the same date as the DVD. I just find it weird that I can't find any info of it. Anyone know something I don't know concerning this release?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:34 PM

i heard it was getting a uk release, but i believe it will be region locked, given the companies release history(silver vision uk).

I really hope we get a domestic release but am doubtful
Old 02-17-2009, 08:59 AM

The Silver Vision UK website has it down for a April release over here, same time as on DVD so I guess it'd be the same time as the DVD release over there, whenever that is as the US gets them quicker then us. I'd think so anyway....
Old 02-17-2009, 06:44 PM

April, huh? Even for the DVD? Reminds me of TNA PPV DVD releases; getting released months after the actual PPV. Maybe they will release the Royal Rumble blu-ray in April in North America as well, maybe the Tuesday before Wrestlemania perhaps? You never know.