‘Lakeview Terrace’ - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-16-2009, 05:17 PM

Default ‘Lakeview Terrace’ - High-Def Digest Review

Tom has reviewed 'Lakeview Terrace.' He says the ending fizzles a bit, but this movie showcases a great performance by Samuel L. Jackson. This Blu-ray has excellent video and audio but slim supplements. Worth a look, or a purchase at the right price.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1921...ewterrace.html
Old 02-16-2009, 05:25 PM

Not a bad review, Samuel was pretty good in it, but I just didn't enjoy the movie overall.....either way thanks for the review
Old 02-16-2009, 05:59 PM

Sam was great as usual but I wasn't too sold on the husband and his chemistry with the wife.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:26 PM

I thought the film was ok, though somewhat predictable. Samuel L. Jackson always seems to do a good job though, and he seemed to do very well in the role he was playing.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:27 PM

I'll give it a rent. Just about anything with Sam L. is at least worth a shot.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:34 PM

Nice review Tom.
I have to disagree about the ending.,, I thought it was the best part all the uneasiness and conflict build up into something of a more violent nature played out well and had me at the edge of my seat!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:39 PM

That's cool. We can't all like/dislike the same things or the world would be pretty boring.

I hope Sam is decent as The Octopus. I haven't seen "The Spirit" but it doesn't look nearly as captivating as "Sn City" or "300."
Old 02-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Former Member

I've heard nothing but bad things about The Spirit

My taste varies from the norm, but there seems to be a universal rain of shit on that one (5.2 on IMDB (which is pretty low), and a mere 15% on RT), so...yeah. Still want to see it, but I'm going in with such bated breathe that I may as well have a grocery bag over my head playing a game of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:49 PM

I have to say I agree with Tom's review, almost all of it.
This is a Sam Jackson vehicle, and no one else is onboard. The husband and wife didn't connect for me that well, but they got by. Like Tom stated this movie played it way to safe, especially the ending which was very anticlimactic, especially when you have this natural chaos going on around them. Watch the movie and you will know what I mean by this. I wanted it to sort of go the route of Changing Lanes, but got more of Unlawful Entry.
The movie is very formulaic, and we've seen all these scenes a dozen times before, but what we get is Bad Ass Jackson doing his thing, which made it work for the most part. I will say the first 15-20 minutes made me wonder if this movie was going to be bad, kind of slow, and not really engaging. It then picks up for most of the movie but falls flat on it's face at the tail end.
Still worth a rental, I don't believe this movie has any replay value. Like Tom stated the PQ is good, but there are some scenes that don't look as nice as others, and the audio was good also. This isn't a big action movie with explosions or bullets flying by, but the dialogue is crisp and when there is some surround action it's done well.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
That's cool. We can't all like/dislike the same things or the world would be pretty boring.

I hope Sam is decent as The Octopus. I haven't seen "The Spirit" but it doesn't look nearly as captivating as "Sn City" or "300."
hes good in it, just like hes good in everything, but thje movie is horrible, perhaps the worst film ive seen in theatres other than one missed call.