SAW series vastly underappreciated and must own for every movie fan - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-13-2009, 04:42 AM

Default SAW series vastly underappreciated and must own for every movie fan

If you do not own 1-5 saws on bluray, why not? I cant believe the piss poor ratings they all got on rotten tomatoes, when quite frankly the SAW series are so underappreciated. Like 15% for SAW 5? Cmon now. Yes 3 and 4 werent that good but still the movies are amazing!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:53 AM

No...wait...what's that, you're being serious
Old 02-13-2009, 05:10 AM

Nah, I consider them all mindless disposable entertainment. I actually bought the first one on DVD way back when, and was bored to tears watching it again when I already knew who Jigsaw was and everything that was going on.

I saw the first 3 in the theaters, but at this point I rent them to see the new death traps and whatnot, but that's about it (I haven't seen Saw V yet).
Old 02-13-2009, 05:17 AM

The first one was pretty okay. Decent storyline with a nice twist, but the acting was abysmal; some of the worst i've ever seen in a major motion picture. And all of the sequels sucked imo. Simple as that.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBrownsugar View Post
If you do not own 1-5 saws on bluray, why not? I cant believe the piss poor ratings they all got on rotten tomatoes, when quite frankly the SAW series are so underappreciated. Like 15% for SAW 5? Cmon now. Yes 3 and 4 werent that good but still the movies are amazing!
While I apperciate and respect your admiration for this series, and I do love my horror flicks, I just cannot get into this series. The first one was the best of the five and even that one was just...ok,imho. I just dont like the whole puppet, death traps with a time limit horror in my horror flicks.
I saw the fifth one and I just thought it was terrible. Sorry. But all that matters is what you like in your horror flicks and nobody else so more power to you.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:22 AM

Why don't I have them? Because they are disgusting. I don't want to see that type of filth. I see enough of it on the daily news. I don't want to have vile images stuck in my head. Hell I don't even watch the maffia movies. No offense if you do watch them. They just aint for me.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBrownsugar View Post
Yes 3 and 4 werent that good...
Hmm yes, what are shame that those "weren't that good" films are being underappreciated by people. They should be getting 40%, not 30%. Time to start a petition, fellas. This injustice will no longer stand!

FOR THE SAW!
Old 02-13-2009, 07:52 AM

I'm a horror fan but I could never get very interested in Saw series. I saw the first one on DVD and didn't like it too much so I left it at that. Same goes for Hostel.

70's and 80's horror is much more to my liking but there are some gems in the newer ones too, for example I enjoyed "The Descent" a lot. I watched the 2006 remake of "The Hills Have Eyes" the other night and I found that to be quite entertaining too.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:32 AM

1, 2, and 5 were the only ones I thought were watchable. the 1st and 5th ones are the best, and I would've loved it if the people ended it on the 5th movie, but, no, there just had to be another twist.

There's nothing really important in a Saw movie, and I never really seem to find myself in the story. It's mostly really dull and the movies only get exciting when some bones crunch or when a guy is roasted or some hands get cut off because some people are assholes and won't work together to help each other.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:35 AM

The saw movies are boring crap fests that should never have been made

Ye i don't like them