Firmware Update For the Samsung BD-P1500 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-12-2009, 06:58 AM

Default Firmware Update For the Samsung BD-P1500

Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for the Samsung BD-P1500 is? Please let me know and if there is, please let me know how to put it on a disc so I can upload it into the player. Thanks!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:28 AM

there's a bluray hardware forum... anyway if you're not sure if you need an update just turn your player on, it'll automatically prompt you for update pretty quickly if you're behind
Old 02-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

OP- plz move to proper forum, if you're like me you don't leave the ethernet connected all the time, hitting the bluray resource center on samsung.com tells you what the latest version is.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:27 AM

Forgive me but firmware in my opinion, falls under "Software". I'm not really talking about the player itself but I'm talkin about the firmware if that makes sense. But next time I will strive to use the correct forum to put this in.

By the way, how am I supposed to tell if the player needs an update when there is nothing to prompt me. Doesnt the player need to be hooked up via ethernet cable to tell me that?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznNintendoFan1 View Post
Forgive me but firmware in my opinion, falls under "Software". I'm not really talking about the player itself but I'm talkin about the firmware if that makes sense. But next time I will strive to use the correct forum to put this in.

By the way, how am I supposed to tell if the player needs an update when there is nothing to prompt me. Doesnt the player need to be hooked up via ethernet cable to tell me that?
No. It must be detailed in the user manual how to display what the current firmware version in the player is; it is for my Panasonic player. But if you don't want to bother to look it up, I was pretty sure those clever folks at Samsung would have the information you desire on their website.

On the Samsung BD-P1500 support site, they have firmware versions for burning to a CD or (much easier) copying to a USB flash drive, and instructions on how to do it. If you click on the FW file, it says:

< BD-P1500 Firmware Ver 2.3 >
Date: Jan.07, 2009
This Firmware update provides the following benefits:
1. Improves playback compatibility of some movie titles.

So, (hint) if Jan. 7 is after the date when you bought your player, it more than likely needs could make use of the update.

Last edited by Cochise; 02-12-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:11 PM

The latest is firmware version 2.3. I am running 2.1 and have not had any issues with disc playback.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznNintendoFan1 View Post

No worries, but it sounds like maybe you over thought it a little lol. If you're looking for specific details regarding a bluray player then it's considered hardware... If you have problems with a specific (eihter title or studio) bluray movie interacting with your player then this would be a good place.