Should Universal Studios U-Control Interactive feature be improved or replaced? - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: Should Universal Studios U-Control Interactive features be improved or replaced?
I do not like U-Control and U-Control should be replaced with a new interface 6 28.57%
U-Control should offer a option to watch the bonus material without having to watch the entire movie 6 28.57%
I do not care about bonus material and I want to just watch the movie 9 42.86%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Banned

Default Should Universal Studios U-Control Interactive feature be improved or replaced?

I enjoy watching BLU-RAY discs and I always watch all the extra features on the movies I own. Most BLU-RAY movies have easy to use user friendly menus to access the extra features. The Universal Studios U-Control feature which is an interactive feature while one watches the movie is very difficult to use some times. I wish Universal Studios would make an option so that the special features in the movie could be viewed without having to watch the entire movie over again with a small picture and picture option.
When I am watching a directors commentary I find it annoying for a picture in picture interactive special feature to start playing at the same time I am watching the movie. Of course I can disable U-Control while watching a commentary but then to see any of the special bonus features on the disc I have to watch the movie again with U-Control turned on. It would be so much better if a option to watch the bonus material was available without having to watch the entire movie again. I already am watching the movie again with commentary tracks and do not need to watch the movie again for bonus features.

P.S.

I almost voted for U-Control to offer a option to watch the bonus material without watching the movie but decided to go with the option of replacing U-Control with a new interface. Both of these options would have the same effect and I do not like U-Control the way it is now. Hopefully Universal Studios will improve or replace this feature.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:30 PM

This one was a little tough. I do like the u control...I just think it could be done better. Maybe it is time to recreate the interface a bit. But the u control does function well and is real smooth in operation, imho, so maybe I should just be happy with that and let it be. Some of my u control, hd dvd flicks dont run so well.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:44 PM

Bad poll, it doesn't give an option for "I like U-Control exactly as it is"... I think U-Control is fine, I've never had a desire for it to be modified.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:45 PM

I have to agree with crazzeto on this one.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:04 PM

I hate U-Control now and I hated it back when it was called "Infinifilm" on New-Line DVDs. I love audio commentaries, and I like a good pip track, but clicking during a movie to access featurettes hasn't appealed to me since "Take the Red Pill" feature on the original Matrix DVD. It shouldn't be a game or a challenge to watch extra features, they should be directly accessible from the menu.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:05 PM

Agreed, crazzetto, this poll is useless.

"Do you agree with me pick one:
-yes
-super yes
-yell yes"
Old 02-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAngles View Post
I hate U-Control now and I hated it back when it was called "Infinifilm" on New-Line DVDs. I love audio commentaries, and I like a good pip track, but clicking during a movie to access featurettes hasn't appealed to me since "Take the Red Pill" feature on the original Matrix DVD. It shouldn't be a game or a challenge to watch extra features, they should be directly accessible from the menu.
I agree. I just wish an option to watch the bonus material in full screen was a option in U-Control from Universal. Watching Sony and 20th Century Fox BLU-RAY's are so much easier.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:35 PM

i like u-control just the way it is but i thought that all the extras on u-control were in the extras by itself as well.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
i like u-control just the way it is but i thought that all the extras on u-control were in the extras by itself as well.
Sometimes they are.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAngles View Post
Sometimes they are.
oh ok. i thought they all were, i dont even have access to u-control as of now cuz i have a first generation bd player, i'll get a new one when the prices drop to 100.