'Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-09-2009, 01:50 PM

Default 'Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa' - High-Def Digest Review

Peter has reviewed 'Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa.' He says it's a fairly fun, if unnecessary sequel. This Blu-ray has great video and audio and some good supplements. Worth a look.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2033...pe2africa.html
Old 02-09-2009, 01:52 PM

I wouldn't call it an unnecessary sequel, especially considering it improved vastly on the underwhelming original.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcase View Post
I wouldn't call it an unnecessary sequel, especially considering it improved vastly on the underwhelming original.
Agreed. I thought this one was better than the original. My daughter and I enjoyed this one. Beautiful pq,imho.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:42 PM

I could be wrong, but I think the logo for this movie has been misinterpreted by almost everyone. I'm pretty sure the movie is actually called "Madagascar 2: Escape Africa". They end up in Africa accidentally, so "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" doesn't make sense.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:42 PM

I guess I'm the only one out there who thinks the audio doesn't stack up against other 5/4.5 star animated film audio tracks. I think the audio scores I'm seeing are overrated. IMO, Cars, Rat, KFP and Ice Age/2 are all infinitely better in the audio department than Madagascar 2. It just left me underwhelmed. PQ was incredible though and I agree that the story was better than the first one.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter02 View Post
I could be wrong, but I think the logo for this movie has been misinterpreted by almost everyone. I'm pretty sure the movie is actually called "Madagascar 2: Escape Africa". They end up in Africa accidentally, so "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" doesn't make sense.
Not really, they tried to escape but the plane crashed in Africa. The title it's sarcastic because instead of going to the city, they Escape (true) but to Africa.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

There is BD-Live content, and actually was live prior to release date.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
There is BD-Live content, and actually was live prior to release date.
Loys, perhaps it wasn't ready when the review was written, and the terminology used for such is press, rather than written/reviewed. But i do hear ya on that, may need an update!
Old 02-09-2009, 06:56 PM

Just watched this and think the movie was enjoyable. I really like the first one (as does my son) and this doesn't compare to that... but if you have kids I'd say its worth it.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
Loys, perhaps it wasn't ready when the review was written, and the terminology used for such is press, rather than written/reviewed. But i do hear ya on that, may need an update!
Yeah, I'm just saying unless he had other means, Paramount/Dreamworks didn't send this out until Wednesday. That's why all the review sites were not early with this one.