'Half Past Dead' - HIgh-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-08-2009, 10:08 PM

Default 'Half Past Dead' - HIgh-Def Digest Review

Tom has reviewed 'Half Past Dead' cause we know you've all been dying to hear how this Blu-ray turned out. If you loved 'Fire Down Below,' then get out your wallet and RUN to Best Buy, otherwise, this movie is pretty, pretty, pretty bad. Video is mediocre, audio is a bit better, supplements are like extra hydrogenated corn syrup on top of a Twinkie (I guess that means only Seagal could love em). One to avoid.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1534/halfpastdead.html
Old 02-08-2009, 11:55 PM

another 'why bother' review brought to you by Hi Def Digest...
Old 02-09-2009, 12:20 AM

slow day at the office..huh
Old 02-09-2009, 12:52 AM

Hey, now, this is no where in the same league as Fire Down Below.

Movies like Under Siege 1/2, Fire Down Below, Out for Justice, Above the Law, and On Deadly Ground are upper echelon Seagal, while shit like Half Past Dead and the Foreigner are crap.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:58 AM

Yeah, I can't imagine this one was on anyones HD wish list.

It baffles me though that this site will review this crap but ignore gems like Transsiberian.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAndonuts View Post
Hey, now, this is no where in the same league as Fire Down Below.
Agreed!!

FIRE DOWN BELOW is actually a pretty good flick with some subtle humor and a fun villian in Kris Kristofferson and it had an environmental message (even if it lays it a little thick).

I actually Netflixed HALF PAST DEAD as i'd not seen it since I saw it theatrically. This film has to be Seagal's worst Hollywood movie and I believe his last before he found his way into the Euro direct-to-video market.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:05 PM

We're not ignoring anything. Just have to cover some turkeys sometimes while we wait for the big reviews to come in.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:27 PM

We're not ignoring anything.

EVERY. WHICH. WAY. BUT. LOOSE. CLINT. EASTWOOD.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainArcher View Post
We're not ignoring anything.

EVERY. WHICH. WAY. BUT. LOOSE. CLINT. EASTWOOD.
It's possible the studio never sent that title for review. Sometimes we will review a title from our own collections, though, if we can swing it.

Anyways, we try to cover as much as we can from what we get--good or bad--as it shows we take things seriously and don't play favorites.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Balls View Post
It baffles me though that this site will review this crap but ignore gems like Transsiberian.
We're not ignoring Transsiberian. We weren't sent a screener. We have to prioritize titles that we get screeners for. That's just the way it is.

And, sad as it is to say, Half Past Dead has a much larger potential audience than Transsiberian. It makes me sick to say that, but it's true.