Gone Baby Gone: Think it will be get a CE edition or whatnot? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-08-2009, 02:37 AM

Default Gone Baby Gone: Think it will be get a CE edition or whatnot?

What do you think?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:52 AM

I highly doubt it. It got critical acclaim but didn't get awards at The Oscars and it did find a decent following on home video but it's kinda old hat now and you don't see rabid fans of it constantly going around speaking its praises like you do for other films that were under the radar at the time of release and later found a great home video following (Shawshank, Zodiac, The Boondock Saints, etc).

I still think it's a great film but Disney/BV will rarely pull a double-dip out of their hats on a live-action title (No Country for Old Men is an exception to the rule -- but that created all kinds of buzz, won Best Picture, and then subsequently sold amazingly well on Blu-ray). Other than that, the existing version already has audio commentary, deleted scenes, and two featurettes in HD. That's about all you're gonna get.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:09 PM

you never know. Stranger Than Fiction got a pretty quick double dip and I never thought that movie would get one.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:15 PM

It would be safe to assume that many of these releases 'early in Blu-ray's life' would possibly see a double-dip, depending on Blu-ray's success.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:58 PM

why on earth would this be double dipped?

the blu-ray disc has all of the supplements from the dvd which of right now is all we know of, a great audio transfer, and a very good pq transfer. some people including myself werent jumping up for joy with the pq THE FIRST TIME I POPPED IT IN but after watching it throughout and then a few more times i realized thats the look ben affleck was going for, a gritty, almost "cops" or reality tv look which makes the film feel even more surreal. and like the poster said above, this is a great movie but nothing that will become legendary or be in the same sentence as the shawshank redemption or the departed.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:33 PM

This is a great movie, but honestly....why would you need a special edition of this film? Like everyone else has said, the current Blu Ray edition already has enough special features for the type of film that it is.