Underworld Blu-Ray.......either or? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-07-2009, 10:33 PM

Default Underworld Blu-Ray.......either or?

i wondered if any1 knows if the uk version of the blu-ray is the theatrical or the unrated/directors cut version????? it doesnt say and i want the unrated version but dun wanna spend that much on the hd dvd/import of it. Here it is on amazon uk.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:27 AM

wait, are you in the UK? I know the american blu ray is unrated and evolution is R. the UK version has the same cover as the unrated version.

sounds like the UK version isn't all that great anyways, based on the reviews. they say it has bad audio and lousy quality. my copy (american copy) looks great, but i can't comment on sound cuz i'm just using my regular tv speakers
Old 02-08-2009, 12:34 PM

I second what Epsilon said. I read some user reviews and it seems that the UK version is not as good as the US version. I read them while I looked around a bit to see if I could find anything, but I couldn't really. It doesn't actually say Unrated. It just says it's not suitable for people under 15. I don't really know their rating system.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:49 PM

at 8.98 (cheapest i found out) i thought i might aswell give it a try, if not, i might end up trying to find the hd dvd version. or import the US version. ill post results when i get them, incase anyone else cares lol.

Thanx for your help guys
Old 02-11-2009, 11:22 PM

can u guys get a screengrab of the US version of underworld.....as this uk version really is sucky! (if not, the import HD DVD version)

thanx
Old 02-11-2009, 11:43 PM

The German and Japanese HD DVD's are excellent. US BD is also excellent. I'm talking for the first movie. I'm not sure what each release has for theatrical or extended cuts though.

Edit: The German release by Concorde is Extended and Region Free, but DTS-HR audio. I know the screenshots comparing the German HD DVD and US BD were extremely similar, I assume the German BD is exactly like the HD DVD.

The Spanish Underworld Evolution HD DVD is an incredible disc, superior PQ compared to the US BD. It has DD+ audio however.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:05 AM

I don't have the ability to do a screengrab, but I can say from watching the US Blu-Ray for Underworld that the picture quality is very good.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:59 PM

yea, i discovered 8.98 later that the UK version while it has some great features, sucks in picture quality. May just be on the look out for the german hd dvd to go alongside my blu-ray.

Well thanx for your help, i wonder if evolution bluray (UK) will be any better??? lol we shall see
Old 02-12-2009, 08:44 PM

Just so you know, the German HD DVD looks very nice but has absolutely zero special features (unlike the U.S. BD). I used to have it until I went purple, and then I traded up. Still holding on to my Spanish HD DVD of 'Evolution,' though!
Old 02-12-2009, 10:09 PM

I could do a screan cap of the us one for underworld 1 and 2 but i need some where to upload it or i could just email it. tell me what part of the movie you want the shoot of