X-files Movie 1 (fight the future) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-03-2009, 11:29 PM

Default X-files Movie 1 (fight the future)

OK guys, I found the comparison for the 2nd movie but I had seen the reviews stating that Fight the future had really mediocre PQ. Now I know that it's mediocre compared to many blu rays but is it a decent jump in PQ from the DTS Anamorphic DVD??? Basically I'm wondering if I should spend the dough and get the Blu Ray or just spend $4 at Wallyworld and Get the re-released DTS edition DVD if the PQ isn't a good solid jump from the DVD. Anyone compared both the DTS DVD and the Blu???
Old 02-04-2009, 12:35 AM

While Fight the Future may not be reference quality, I can assure you it kicks the crap out of the DVD edition. The DVD edition looks really, really horrible. I winced when I spot checked the pq on my hd set.
I definitely recommend ponying up the dough for the Blu-Ray version.

P.S.- I am talking about the anamorphic DVD edition, just so you know we're on the same page
Old 02-04-2009, 12:36 AM

Spend the money, this is one very good looking bluray!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:41 AM

sweet. Damn I knew I should have picked that up when I did my amazon buy more save more deal