'The Rocker' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 AM

Default 'The Rocker' - High-Def Digest Review

David has reviewed 'The Rocker.' He says the film has blatant similarities to past releases, but it a does offer up some laughs. This Blu-ray has above average video and audio and plenty of supplements. Give it a rent.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1764/rocker.html
Old 02-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Former Member

nice review. fox has been pumping out some seriously loaded discs recently. look at planet of the apes, the original omen, and the day the earth stood still, they, too, are loaded like an 8 year old snorting coke.,

nice jab on the commentaries, also, that was a great line, though to be fair, i'd rather listen to the worst audio commentaries have to offer than play the wii again.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:18 AM

Nice review. Saw this flick at the theatres with some friends. WE were the only ones in the theatre. I enjoyed it, I thought it was definitely worth a rental. Also it has some pretty good music in it too.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:21 AM

I railed a good bit about FOX's pricing for this in my review at Amazon (and actually was glad that Amazon didn't use those comments for a reason to banish the review). I'd say it's easily worth renting, but FOX's $39.99 MSRP results in pricing of approx. $27.99 after most normal discounts and that is a bit too high for a purchase of a marginal film, or even for a very good film in most cases.

I wish that FOX would bring that MSRP down to a more reasonable level so that the street prices would be more regularly under $25. If they would I might spring for more blind purchases and do less complaining about rip-off pricing.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 AM

I didn't have to pay for my rental of this since i work at the good ol' Blockbuster, but if I had to, I would have been happy to throw down the cash, actually made me laugh like no other during the naked drummer scene...quality.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:16 AM

Rainn Wilson is one of the creepiest looking people I have seen on tv. Maybe it's the comb-up of his hair, but he looks like he could absolutely be a serial killer.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:09 PM

i saw this on the plane and it was hella funny
Old 02-03-2009, 01:13 PM

It was pretty good. But, it held itself back. I got the feeling they couldn't decide if they wanted to make a bad ass -R- movie or a family friendly -PG-. The guy from SNL who plays the bands manager steals the film. Freddy
Old 02-03-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs-in-2008 View Post
Rainn Wilson is one of the creepiest looking people I have seen on tv. Maybe it's the comb-up of his hair, but he looks like he could absolutely be a serial killer.

When Dwight Schrute was in the womb he was twins. But he absorbed the other fetus and now has the strength of a grown man and a little baby.

Freddy
Old 02-04-2009, 02:41 AM

I fairly enjoyed it when i saw it, I'm not sure it had enough laughs in it to keep me popping it in the ol' ps3 regularly. i can see this being a 9.99 black friday blu ray for some reason, prob pick it up far down the road then.